My perfect hawk deterent

In my opinion, it is not as loud as a rooster and he only gobbles a couple of times here and there. He is in the coop from sundown to morning and makes no noise until he's out. And again, only gobbles when something is different.

what a beautiful bird and a great idea! Good for you!
thumbsup.gif

My neighbor had a free range tom who would walk around the big garden and eat the bugs. He was the friendliest bird I have ever seen. he actually came when called and loved to be pet. Loved haveing his chest scratches.
On the other end, I know someone who wasn't so nice to his tom. When someone comes to the house, it's a foot race to safety. The owner has to trick the turkey to go to the passenger side so he can get out the driver side and run. I was told that he would push the bird away with his foot when the bird would get a little aggressive. Now he's alot aggressive. if you want a non aggressive bird, i guess you need to lead by example.

My whole flock of Blue Slates free range. It's heck finding eggs sometimes, but I haven't had a hawk problem since I got them 2 years ago. Now like somone else mentioned, they don't do much for stray dogs!! My turkeys are my favorite animal here on the farm, they just do their thing and are really funny.

Oh goody! I am supposed to get a couple of turkeys with my order. Of course, they will be babies, but they will grow up with my chickens. I guess I'll just have to be careful till they get big enough.

Back
Top Bottom