My Pet Chicken Ghoulish Giveaway!

Everyone be safe and keep in touch. Keep your clocks safe as well. Our emergency plan for the incubator in case of power loss in the far as it has a convenient plug in in the back seat. The chicks would probably be driven to Grandma's lol.

Finished up a hatch last night. Not a very good one not sure what all happened. Got an oe cockeral which is cool but I was really hoping for a pullet. Also had another chick hatch a project jumbo layer pullet. It was a major assist after it pipped in the wrong position and ruptured the yolk sac. Poor baby. She's a little fighter and my fingers and everything else is crossed for my little, Miracle. She's finally on her feet at over 24 hours and has stopped oozing yolk from her navel. She certainly has had a rough start. I hope she makes it. In other news we lost a cockeral or two from the freezer camp waiting room run. Stupid predators!

That makes our total predator losses since mid May 21+!
My goodness we are in the country but are very frustrated and plan to deal with this accordingly. Coyotes gotta go. Along with anything else that isn't illegal that messes with the flock. This is our first night loss all of the others have been during the day or dusk while free ranging.

Good luck all stay safe in the storms.

Everyone be safe and keep in touch. Keep your clocks safe as well. Our emergency plan for the incubator in case of power loss in the far as it has a convenient plug in in the back seat. The chicks would probably be driven to Grandma's lol.

Finished up a hatch last night. Not a very good one not sure what all happened. Got an oe cockeral which is cool but I was really hoping for a pullet. Also had another chick hatch a project jumbo layer pullet. It was a major assist after it pipped in the wrong position and ruptured the yolk sac. Poor baby. She's a little fighter and my fingers and everything else is crossed for my little, Miracle. She's finally on her feet at over 24 hours and has stopped oozing yolk from her navel. She certainly has had a rough start. I hope she makes it. In other news we lost a cockeral or two from the freezer camp waiting room run. Stupid predators!

That makes our total predator losses since mid May 21+!
My goodness we are in the country but are very frustrated and plan to deal with this accordingly. Coyotes gotta go. Along with anything else that isn't illegal that messes with the flock. This is our first night loss all of the others have been during the day or dusk while free ranging.

Good luck all stay safe in the storms.
Sorry you lost all the birds. I swear by a live stock guardian dog that protects your runs and animals.

I live in Texas, and we have a lot of predators... the only thing that's killed my birds has been dogs, and barn cats.

The kids did see a rattle snake yesterday, but it went MIA after they saw it by the propane tank.

Sorry you lost all the birds. I swear by a live stock guardian dog that protects your runs and animals.

I live in Texas, and we have a lot of predators... the only thing that's killed my birds has been dogs, and barn cats.

The kids did see a rattle snake yesterday, but it went MIA after they saw it by the propane tank.
X2! Stray dogs were my biggest predator for the longest time. Now I run Anatolians with my goats and chickens and haven't had a loss to a predator in years.

Alex
My Pet Chicken

X2! Stray dogs were my biggest predator for the longest time. Now I run Anatolians with my goats and chickens and haven't had a loss to a predator in years.

Alex
My Pet Chicken
We have a great pyr/anatolian cross that we use with ours :)

She's never done anything to our birds besides the occasionally puppy bow or foot stomping. Every once in a while she likes to make them scatter for her own amusement so she'll pester them, but that's about the extent and as you can see, she's still a puppy. lol

We don't leave her alone with our birds, yet. Once she's over a year and I can trust her fully, I won't worry about it anymore... They do recommend taking a year of training the dog before trusting them with the chickens, due to needing to get the puppy-ness out of their system. (it also helps if they have a doggy playmate to focus their playful energy on.)

We only have her, as a big dog, the chi-pug mix is too small, and our terrier doesn't like to play. She's older. So the cats get the brunt of her affections.

What a selection to choose from! I'd be happy with anything, prefer chicks going into winter since they would have a head start.

I like the Lemon Cuckoo Niederrheiner, Sussex, marans, Wyandotte, and Bielefelder breeds.

Mypetchicken has a very nice selection of birds.

We have a great pyr/anatolian cross that we use with ours :)
She's never done anything to our birds besides the occasionally puppy bow or foot stomping. Every once in a while she likes to make them scatter for her own amusement so she'll pester them, but that's about the extent and as you can see, she's still a puppy. lol We don't leave her alone with our birds, yet. Once she's over a year and I can trust her fully, I won't worry about it anymore... They do recommend taking a year of training the dog before trusting them with the chickens, due to needing to get the puppy-ness out of their system. (it also helps if they have a doggy playmate to focus their playful energy on.) We only have her, as a big dog, the chi-pug mix is too small, and our terrier doesn't like to play. She's older. So the cats get the brunt of her affections.
I have a Great Pyrenees mix with mine as well. I'm not sure how old she is, because we rescued her, but she does great with my chickies. It took a few months to teach her that they aren't play toys but after that she has done good!

Back
Top Bottom