My Pet Chicken Gifts in Plenty

larsonll

Chirping
8 Years
Aug 13, 2011
West Georgia
One of my friends in Florida just ordered 29 chicks from MPC a few weeks ago and received 62 (!!!!) chicks today. She had checked the little box on the order that says it's ok to ship any extras. She received 33 extras today. Here they are:

103549_chicks.jpg

She called to ask what had happened, and was told the due to the hurricane, no one was picking up their orders, so she got more extras than usual. She was told all were females as she had ordered only females + one roo.

Talk about a gift. Thank goodness she has the space.
lol.png

Last edited:
MPC is a great company. I started ordering from them when I first started and they have been great. That's a nice pile of fuzzy butts. I have chicks coming from them next week.
smile.png

Uh oh.
roll.png
I ordered 15 chicks from Ideal Poultry but yesterday and today received a total of SIX separate confirmations of shipment. I hope they're not sending extras 'cause I can't accommodate them. I ordered by phone and they never asked if it was ok to ship extras. It's too late to call the hatchery today to figure it out, they're already closed. I guess I'll know in the morning when the shipment arrives.

they never called and asked you if you wanted the responsibility of DOUBLE the amount of living animals to feed and take care of and house??????????? and if for any one of the many reasons why you might not be able to have almost 70 chickens , it would now be your responsibility to re-home , sell or cull ( if you eat your chickens).. I call that Insanity
ha , don't get me wrong- i love freebies and think that its a great way to retain loyal clients but i dont adopt one dog from the shelter and then have 6 more waiting for me at my door step when i get home- free- because no one else wanted them
lol.png

I would hope the dog shelter or hatchery would give me the option first.

For some strange reason, the picture is gone of the chicks. I'm trying again since I've re-edited the post and it did not work.

103549_chicks.jpg

Back
Top Bottom