My Pet Chicken Review.

I'm glad so many people have had success with MPC. They're very friendly and I love that they care for their chickens. My only fault with them was that so many were not breed standard size. I have purchased buff orpingtons from them before and they were the proper size. It was just surprising that 11 of my 16 were so small. Maybe when they get busy with orders, any healthy chick will do? I still recommend MPC to friends who want a few chickens.
1f60a.png

Last edited:
MPC is the only place I order from. I have gotten plenty of different breeds and all have been healthy, and sexed correctly.

I always get a few buff Orpingtons with every order and mine haven't been undersized. They aren't show breeder size like the more exotic colored ones are.

They are a larger breed and need about 2 years to fully mature and fill out. I recommend keeping them on a higher protein feed like a grower and not switching to layer at 6 months which can keep them from reaching full size.

I will say the 2 year old ones aren't as big of bone as my 8 year old hens, so they have gotten slightly smaller, but are still nice birds.

I haven't really ever had any troubles with them or their stock, and I enjoy their website which is very user friendly.

Back
Top Bottom