my pet chicken reviews

Pics
I ordered 8 Buff Brahmas. They shipped 8 Buff Brahmas. They were delayed in shipping - again, just like last year the Post Office's doing - and spent one extra night in Casper. Should have been here on Wednesday, didn't arrive until Thursday. I got my 8 Buff Brahmas, all healthy and strong despite the cold temps and delay. Haven't lost one and they are now almost 2 weeks old and have been living outside since they got here. Emails were prompt and customer service was every bit as good as it was last year. I hate the idea of ordering and shipping chicks, but if you think about it they're also shipped from somewhere to the feed stores. So I'd rather use a company I've been happy with from the first time I used them.

I ordered 4 chicks back about a year and 1/2 ago. I ordered all pullets and 4 different breeds. I had a great experience dealing with MPC even when I had to change the name on my delivery last minute because I had to go out of town and my bf needed to pick them up, I wanted to make sure the post office wouldn't give him a hard time so I had his name put on the delivery. They arrived in very good health and the breeds I ordered.

I lost all 4 when they were around 4 months old to a coyote who took out my entire flock of 8 birds due to a very stupid mistake on my part (left the run door and coop pop door open one night). Up until I lost them they were growing into very beautiful quality birds and looked like they would all be female including the sexed silkie I had, but they never made it to laying age so I can't be entirely sure. After I lost my flock I had a period of grief and fear about starting over but decided to go ahead and order 9 new chicks from MPC. They arrived almost a month ago. All happy and healthy, no splay leg or crooked toes. I ordered 9 females of all different breeds including 1 silkie and I got all 9 breeds I chose. So far they look like they could all be female but it will of course be a while until I can tell 100%. Pretty sure the Salmon Faverolles is female because of her wing color but other than that I have to wait.

Here's pics of my original 4 MPC chickens shortly before they were killed and of my new chicks taken at around 2 weeks.

I ordered 4 chicks back about a year and 1/2 ago. I ordered all pullets and 4 different breeds. I had a great experience dealing with MPC even when I had to change the name on my delivery last minute because I had to go out of town and my bf needed to pick them up, I wanted to make sure the post office wouldn't give him a hard time so I had his name put on the delivery. They arrived in very good health and the breeds I ordered. I lost all 4 when they were around 4 months old to a coyote who took out my entire flock of 8 birds due to a very stupid mistake on my part (left the run door and coop pop door open one night). Up until I lost them they were growing into very beautiful quality birds and looked like they would all be female including the sexed silkie I had, but they never made it to laying age so I can't be entirely sure. After I lost my flock I had a period of grief and fear about starting over but decided to go ahead and order 9 new chicks from MPC. They arrived almost a month ago. All happy and healthy, no splay leg or crooked toes. I ordered 9 females of all different breeds including 1 silkie and I got all 9 breeds I chose. So far they look like they could all be female but it will of course be a while until I can tell 100%. Pretty sure the Salmon Faverolles is female because of her wing color but other than that I have to wait. Here's pics of my original 4 MPC chickens shortly before they were killed and of my new chicks taken at around 2 weeks.
So sorry you lost those 4! They were beautiful. Good luck with your new ones
1f60a.png
Mine are about 5 weeks now and doing very well.

I see that MPC has a "surprise me" sale on started pullets. I apologize if this has already been discussed but I didn't read through all 233 responses.

I was thinking of getting a few to add to our flock of layers.

I see that MPC has a "surprise me" sale on started pullets. I apologize if this has already been discussed but I didn't read through all 233 responses.

I was thinking of getting a few to add to our flock of layers.

So far, I am extremely happy with my orders from MPC. They're 5 and 6 weeks old. They are all feathering out nicely and have been healthy from the start. If you place an order, I wish you the best of luck!

Well, my baby chicks arrived from mypetchicken and so far I couldn't be happier. They left OH yesterday afternoon and arrived at the PO in CT at 10:30AM. I ordered 6 and they included a heating pad which I am thankful for because the nights are still cool and the PO is air conditioned. They were chirping and lively and one was so lively he hopped right on the edge of the box when I opened it! lol I made sure to call yesterday morning to avoid any potential problems and received the tracking email early evening. They were in much better shape than I expected and I hope they continue to do well. I was nervous about getting chicks via the mail but have to say my experience was very good. Maybe when some have problems it's the PO staff that overlooks them or misplaces them.

Well, my baby chicks arrived from mypetchicken and so far I couldn't be happier. They left OH yesterday afternoon and arrived at the PO in CT at 10:30AM. I ordered 6 and they included a heating pad which I am thankful for because the nights are still cool and the PO is air conditioned. They were chirping and lively and one was so lively he hopped right on the edge of the box when I opened it! lol I made sure to call yesterday morning to avoid any potential problems and received the tracking email early evening. They were in much better shape than I expected and I hope they continue to do well. I was nervous about getting chicks via the mail but have to say my experience was very good. Maybe when some have problems it's the PO staff that overlooks them or misplaces them.

I agree that post offices might be a large part of some people's problems. I got the phone call saying mine had arrived but when I got there, no one seemed to know anything about it. It took them half an hour to track down my little box of cheepers in the warehouse. My babies were all fine and now they're 8 weeks old. I couldn't be happier
1f60a.png

Hey, I'm going to order My Pet Chicken, maybe, and was wondering about shipping prices. I've seen they're expensive, but can't find a way to calculate my shipping price. I want to order 2 Australorp pullets, 2 Light Brown Leghorn pullets, 2 Buff Brahma pullets, and 1 Buff Brahma cockerel. Anyone got an estimation? Also, I NEED pullorum papers when I order my chicks. I can't show them unless I do. Does My Pet Chicken have those?

I agree. I think my post office is excellent. They didn't call the second number on the box when my bf didn't answer so I actually had to call and find out if the chicks were there but when I arrived at the PO my box and another person's chicks were sitting side by side right inside the parcel window so you could even hear the peeps while I was waiting for the person to help the customer before me. I think the PO is to blame for a lot of the issues people have.

So far mine still look like they could all be girls. The polish is making me worry a little but they can be so deceiving as some of the females have crazy crest feathers for a while. I'm not going to assume anything though, not until I get a crow or an egg from each.

Hey, I'm going to order My Pet Chicken, maybe, and was wondering about shipping prices. I've seen they're expensive, but can't find a way to calculate my shipping price. I want to order 2 Australorp pullets, 2 Light Brown Leghorn pullets, 2 Buff Brahma pullets, and 1 Buff Brahma cockerel. Anyone got an estimation? Also, I NEED pullorum papers when I order my chicks. I can't show them unless I do. Does My Pet Chicken have those? 

I would suggest a call to their customer service. They are great and I expect they will get you the answers you need.

Back
Top Bottom