my pet chicken reviews

Pics
I am so excited waiting for May 2nd to come! 6 wellies straight run ordered. Actually hoping for a rooster or 2- very handsome! Can't wait to start getting those dark brown speckled eggs and the hens are nice looking too

I've been waiting on May 2nd for MONTHS and now that it's so close I feel caught off guard. Haha The countdown has begun and I'm going to have to start getting things prepped around here for babies. I was actually just reminded of how close the date was when I went into Tractor Supply and they had the cutest chicks I've ever seen, bantam Silkies, when I was grabbing another bag of layer for my flock. "No. You can't buy some. You have an order of chicks coming in.....Holy Buckets! Just one week!"

OCD (obsessive chicken diva)... last year on a whim...from mypetchicken I got 1 light brahma, 4 easter eggers, 2 crested cream leg bars, 1 golden campine, 1 buff orpington, and 1 lavender orpington. Then earlier this year the dogs got an easter egger and a legbar. So as I had already wanted to get more,I decided to order a few.... lol arriving on may 25th... from mypetchicken...1 australorp, 2 salmon faverolles, 1 barred rock, 1 blue andalusian, 2 blue orpingtons, 1 brown leghorn 1 blue splash marans and 1 white marans. (10 more)all hens because I love the colorful egg basket. But they didn't have a couple that I wanted so I decided to order some eggs to hatch. Arriving april 27th .. 12 eggs.... 3 each of super blue egg layers, blue lace red wyandotts, rees cream legbars, and easter eggers. And 10++ croads langshans. Knowing that with shipped eggs you are lucky to get 1/2 to hatch.(and about 1/2of those will be roos.) THEN I fell in love with Isabelle leg horns so I bought 4 chicks. They arrived with 4 isbars in tow. (2 blue and 2 splash.) Prior to their arrival I stopped at TSC for feed (omg they had chicks
1f424.png
) I brought home 1 welsummer hen and a red sex link hen and 4 bantams.... unknown sex. Now I am also hatching eggs for 5 Isabelles and 7 Ayam Cemani (a black purple and green chicken) and 8 sizzle silkies and a barn yard mix of 15 eggs. OMG I will be over run. But I am hatching for friends too so some of these if they hatch have homes.
1f414.png
1f423.png
1f424.png
1f425.png
1f413.png
all this just so you all know how chicken nutty I have gone. Dont judge... just smile(or laugh) and nod its okay.....

OCD (obsessive chicken diva)... last year on a whim...from mypetchicken I got 1 light brahma, 4 easter eggers, 2 crested cream leg bars, 1 golden campine, 1 buff orpington, and 1 lavender orpington. Then earlier this year the dogs got an easter egger and a legbar. So as I had already wanted to get more,I decided to order a few.... lol arriving on may 25th... from mypetchicken...1 australorp, 2 salmon faverolles, 1 barred rock, 1 blue andalusian, 2 blue orpingtons, 1 brown leghorn 1 blue splash marans and 1 white marans. (10 more)all hens because I love the colorful egg basket. But they didn't have a couple that I wanted so I decided to order some eggs to hatch. Arriving april 27th .. 12 eggs.... 3 each of super blue egg layers, blue lace red wyandotts, rees cream legbars, and easter eggers. And 10++ croads langshans. Knowing that with shipped eggs you are lucky to get 1/2 to hatch.(and about 1/2of those will be roos.) THEN I fell in love with Isabelle leg horns so I bought 4 chicks. They arrived with 4 isbars in tow. (2 blue and 2 splash.) Prior to their arrival I stopped at TSC for feed (omg they had chicks
1f424.png
) I brought home 1 welsummer hen and a red sex link hen and 4 bantams.... unknown sex. Now I am also hatching eggs for 5 Isabelles and 7 Ayam Cemani (a black purple and green chicken) and 8 sizzle silkies and a barn yard mix of 15 eggs. OMG I will be over run. But I am hatching for friends too so some of these if they hatch have homes.
1f414.png
1f423.png
1f424.png
1f425.png
1f413.png
all this just so you all know how chicken nutty I have gone. Dont judge... just smile(or laugh) and nod its okay.....

LOL!! You are nutty, but I wish I was you! It sounds so exciting. Sorry to hear about the two you lost. I lost two over the last 6 months (EE and our Barnevelder) and that's why I am ordering new chicks. I'm getting a Super Blue Egg Layer with my order and am very curious about the egg color she will lay.

1f424.png
1f414.png
1f423.png
1f424.png
1f425.png
1f413.png
I'm suppose to be getting some hatching eggs this week too, have yours ship already? I'm waiting for my email notification yet. I also have 25 chicks coming in a month, and I already have around 50 in my flock, so I think many of us around here are nutty.

If my chicks are supposed to be shipped on May 2 from MPC- does anyone know what day I would be looking at for delivery to northeast Nebraska? Trying to get my work schedule arranged! And would they come by mail or fedex etc?

I'm suppose to be getting some hatching eggs this week too, have yours ship already? I'm waiting for my email notification yet. I also have 25 chicks coming in a month, and I already have around 50 in my flock, so I think many of us around here are nutty.

Just a heads up, I didn't get a notification email with the tracking # a couple weeks ago- did online chat w/MPC to make sure they were on their way, got the tracking #. Pulled it up and saw arrived in Portland and 10 minutes later on a Tuesday mid-morning-- the Post Office called me to come get them. I've seen posts from others about not getting the shipping notification or the reminder (like most of us need reminding that babies are in route
wink.png
). Not sure if it's a MPC technical glitch- the shipping notice wasn't in spam either, so it just wasn't sent.

LOL!! You are nutty, but I wish I was you! It sounds so exciting. Sorry to hear about the two you lost. I lost two over the last 6 months (EE and our Barnevelder) and that's why I am ordering new chicks. I'm getting a Super Blue Egg Layer with my order and am very curious about the egg color she will lay.

I got 3 Super Blues, 2 pullets and 1 cockerel - now 3 weeks old. Based on the behavior (with a Welsummer that was supposed to be a pullet, not a roo) and appearance, I believe the gray is the cockerel and the 2 white ones are the pullets. Their down is very light and very fine. The one that had some black 'smudge' marks (far right, 1st pic, far left 2nd pic) got picked at probably because the others were 'cleaning' her- and that thin light down shows a lot of skin, so the resulting red skin created an even bigger target. Vasoline helped deter the 'helpers' and now she's growing in feathers. I suggest keeping an eye out, especially if you get one with black smudges. Enjoy your new chicks!

Day 2

Day 10

Day 22

Day 22

Just a heads up, I didn't get a notification email with the tracking # a couple weeks ago- did online chat w/MPC to make sure they were on their way, got the tracking #.  Pulled it up and saw arrived in Portland and 10 minutes later on a Tuesday mid-morning--  the Post Office called me to come get them.  I've seen posts from others about not getting the shipping notification or the reminder (like most of us need reminding that babies are in route ;) ).  Not sure if it's a MPC technical glitch- the shipping notice wasn't in spam either, so it just wasn't sent.  
Thank you, I will assume they are on the way and will keep the incubator plugged in and a few broody hens are on ready too. I seem to never get shipping notifications either for my chicks, it's just what I read they are suppose to do but don't, I figured maybe the eggs would be different.
1f600.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom