my pet chicken reviews

Pics
I've ordered twice from MPC and been pleased each time. Each time I ordered all hens of different varieties and I received all hens. My experience with the service from MPC has been excellent. They have answered all my questions and inquiries and I have had no problems with customer service. My hens are all laying nice eggs and are beautiful. The older hens will be 2 years old in a couple of months and the younger ones a year old.

I haven't ordered from My Pet Chicken yet, but I plan to in the future! I love their huge selection of gorgeous chicken breeds and colors to choose from. After reading the last 15 pages of this thread too, I'm pretty confident I will enjoy receiving baby chicks from them in a few years! The customer service seems especially good!

Unfortunately, I live in Sweden right now, so I won't be getting chickens until my fiance finishes in university and we move the the US, somewhere nice and warm in the south!
tongue.png

I did have one question though, maybe someone who has ordered knows the answer - If I order a Blue Ameraucana, female, can I somehow request that they simply try to make it a splashed one? I think the splash color is gorgeous!

Otherwise I guess I will just have to roll the dice and hope really hard that I get lucky and she's splashed!
tongue2.gif

They say on the blue birds description that they can't guarantee the color, so either blue, splash or black.

They say on the blue birds description that they can't guarantee the color, so either blue, splash or black.

Yeah, I noticed that. But I figured, people who order Blue might actually want/hope for blue so if I'd be willing to take one that they think will not be blue, but instead might be splash (like a really light colored chick), it'd be nice? I guess? Not sure if I came across really clear, lol!

The reason I wonder is because they have an assortment listing that lists Splash Ameraucanas specifically as something you could possibly randomly get from the assortment. So, this to me looks like sometimes they have extra splashes, that are left over after they fill the blue orders with the darker chicks in the blue category. I wish they would just specifically sell Splash Ameraucanas separately, that would make my life so much easier lol!

Last edited:
I haven't ordered from My Pet Chicken yet, but I plan to in the future! I love their huge selection of gorgeous chicken breeds and colors to choose from. After reading the last 15 pages of this thread too, I'm pretty confident I will enjoy receiving baby chicks from them in a few years! The customer service seems especially good!

Unfortunately, I live in Sweden right now, so I won't be getting chickens until my fiance finishes in university and we move the the US, somewhere nice and warm in the south! :p

I did have one question though, maybe someone who has ordered knows the answer - If I order a Blue Ameraucana, female, can I somehow request that they simply try to make it a splashed one? I think the splash color is gorgeous!

Otherwise I guess I will just have to roll the dice and hope really hard that I get lucky and she's splashed! :plbb  

You can order more than one. That's what we did to get a blue silkie.

Last edited:
You can order more than one. That's what we did to get a blue silkie.

Yeah, I could. I just would rather not end up with 2 actual blues, or 2 blacks, or a black and a blue and no splash! Lol I suppose I could try to find someone to take the ones I don't want and keep ordering "blues" until I get lucky and receive a splash!

I'd say that if they say it's one color and possible of other colors then you'll get one of the ones that is listed. You can always email or call them to see what they have to say about it.

They also have this year a blue EE, it says you will only get blues. Different than the blue Americana.

Back
Top Bottom