my pet chicken reviews

@chickisoup
i am sorry for your losses.
i dont know whether i could handle any hatcheries DOAs or sick ones, your'e just making me so SAD! ! !
hit.gif
The final little partridge rock passed shortly after my last post. The final two survivors, a pair of GLW's seem to be happy and healthy little bouncing fluff balls tho they are extremely skittish (can't blame them).

Final tally, four survivors out a total of (what should have been) 16 chicks in 2 shipments. Wishing you all the best of luck with your new fluffy bottoms.

As for me? Goodbye MPC. If you aren't able to get a supplier that knows (or cares) how to handle small order shipping of live chicks and willing to work with you to accomplish this then I just cannot see how your business will survive against those who know how. I know you wished (and tried hard) for a better outcome but what's the saying about wishes and horses?

I have been following these posts & was hoping you (chickisoup) would have a much better outcome since your first shipment of chicks went so terribly. I'm sorry for your entire experience! Hope your remaining chicks do well for you.

I received my eggs from MPC today. My mom went to pick them up as i am at work 40 miles away. They were supposed to be here last week i ordered eggs to go with them so i set 59 on Friday night 11 pm so theses will be set some time tonight after they have had all day to settle. So these will be 3 days behind the others it will be early lock down for these guys crossing my fingers.

The final little partridge rock passed shortly after my last post.  The final two survivors, a pair of GLW's seem to be happy and healthy little bouncing fluff balls tho they are extremely skittish (can't blame them).

Final tally, four survivors out a total of (what should have been) 16 chicks in 2 shipments.  Wishing you all the best of luck with your new fluffy bottoms.

As for me?  Goodbye MPC.  If you aren't able to get a supplier that knows (or cares) how to handle small order shipping of live chicks and willing to work with you to accomplish this then I just cannot see how your business will survive against those who know how.   I know you wished (and tried hard) for a better outcome but what's the saying about wishes and horses?

Oh no! This is making me so nervous for my reshipment! It's due to ship the 20th and I have Faverolles, partridge rocks, speckled Sussex, and Welsummer coming. My final survivor, Blackwidow, the Australorp, has four friends from a local breeder (BR, GLW, and EE) I considered calling MPC to see about replacing the GLW, SLW, SCM, and Golden Buff lost to the dog attack, but I believe I'll wait until next year to add anymore. I was kicking myself the way I got caught up in chicken math and was going to be overrun, so I best just let it go. But now I'm so nervous again!

Mine are three weeks old today and they are growing like weeds. After losing the three d'uccle initially everyone is thriving and I have stopped running their heat lamp and they are outside all day. So for me it has worked out quite well.

I'm not sure if anyone is still posting reviews for My Pet Chicken here but I'll share my experience. Our first order I was overall very pleased with, the chicks all arrived alive and vibrant from day one. However, on hatch day they did call and were short on my Sicilian buttercups and blue Easter eggers. So we had to pick substitutions, salmon favorelles, which was fine. The chicks shipped that day and our post office called by 6am the next day (we are in Ohio). Chicken life was good.

Fast forward to the order for this past week, our bantam order. I also had included some GLW, SLW, australorp, partridge Cochin for a few extra layers. I got the call Monday stating they were "severely short" on bantams that week and had none to fill my order at all and also no substitute bantams. I had ordered silkies, black frizzles, and BR bantams. This was a severe disappointment (my daughters were super excited for tiny chickens) but I told her to go ahead and ship the few remaining layers we had ordered anyway, they had no more bantam reship dates for the year either. Wonderful, took a refund for the bantams. She assured me the remaining order would be shipped out within the hour. I didn't want the chicks going to the grinder just because I didn't get my bantams. Two days later, no tracking number, no email updates, nothing and I am worried sick my chicks are lost, I had emailed Tuesday asking for a tracking # and got no response. I called MPC Wednesday for an update and was told my order never shipped and had been rescheduled for TWO WEEKS LATER, this small basic order of layers. The rep said she really had no idea what happened or why and couldn't give me any answers. I told her to just cancel the order, my mind blown at this point, and she said "usually we have a $5 fee for cancellation but I'll forward this to my supervisor and see if she will take that off there, you shouldn't have to pay that." Gee, thanks! No more My Pet Chicken for me!!!

The final little partridge rock passed shortly after my last post. The final two survivors, a pair of GLW's seem to be happy and healthy little bouncing fluff balls tho they are extremely skittish (can't blame them).

Final tally, four survivors out a total of (what should have been) 16 chicks in 2 shipments. Wishing you all the best of luck with your new fluffy bottoms.

As for me? Goodbye MPC. If you aren't able to get a supplier that knows (or cares) how to handle small order shipping of live chicks and willing to work with you to accomplish this then I just cannot see how your business will survive against those who know how. I know you wished (and tried hard) for a better outcome but what's the saying about wishes and horses?

I'm so sorry for your losses. I don't know why the chicks don't seem to do well on that route. :(

Oh no! This is making me so nervous for my reshipment! It's due to ship the 20th and I have Faverolles, partridge rocks, speckled Sussex, and Welsummer coming. My final survivor, Blackwidow, the Australorp, has four friends from a local breeder (BR, GLW, and EE) I considered calling MPC to see about replacing the GLW, SLW, SCM, and Golden Buff lost to the dog attack, but I believe I'll wait until next year to add anymore. I was kicking myself the way I got caught up in chicken math and was going to be overrun, so I best just let it go. But now I'm so nervous again!
Fingers crossed.
fl.gif

They get some scrambled eggs once or twice a day, so maybe that's helping them grow so fast.
They look great!! Such a nice variety!
love.gif

I'm not sure if anyone is still posting reviews for My Pet Chicken here but I'll share my experience. Our first order I was overall very pleased with, the chicks all arrived alive and vibrant from day one. However, on hatch day they did call and were short on my Sicilian buttercups and blue Easter eggers. So we had to pick substitutions, salmon favorelles, which was fine. The chicks shipped that day and our post office called by 6am the next day (we are in Ohio). Chicken life was good.

Fast forward to the order for this past week, our bantam order. I also had included some GLW, SLW, australorp, partridge Cochin for a few extra layers. I got the call Monday stating they were "severely short" on bantams that week and had none to fill my order at all and also no substitute bantams. I had ordered silkies, black frizzles, and BR bantams. This was a severe disappointment (my daughters were super excited for tiny chickens) but I told her to go ahead and ship the few remaining layers we had ordered anyway, they had no more bantam reship dates for the year either. Wonderful, took a refund for the bantams. She assured me the remaining order would be shipped out within the hour. I didn't want the chicks going to the grinder just because I didn't get my bantams. Two days later, no tracking number, no email updates, nothing and I am worried sick my chicks are lost, I had emailed Tuesday asking for a tracking # and got no response. I called MPC Wednesday for an update and was told my order never shipped and had been rescheduled for TWO WEEKS LATER, this small basic order of layers. The rep said she really had no idea what happened or why and couldn't give me any answers. I told her to just cancel the order, my mind blown at this point, and she said "usually we have a $5 fee for cancellation but I'll forward this to my supervisor and see if she will take that off there, you shouldn't have to pay that." Gee, thanks! No more My Pet Chicken for me!!!
I'm so sorry to hear that you didn't get a reply to your order, that is NOT how we do business. Please send me a PM with your order number and information and I'll do what I can to make this right.

Alex
My Pet Chicken

Yeah, I never received an apology, notice or explanation why my "reshipment" was shorted the Partridge Rock either. (It just meant there was one less for me to watch die I guess, sigh).
Hope they at least didn't charge you for wanting out of that mess.

Like I stated in an earlier post, they are nice people at MPC but they are clearly not steering their own ship.

Alex- nice to see you have reappeared. As for chicks not doing well "on this route". I have no clue either. In the past I have had small order chick shipments from as far away as Missouri arrive on time and in great condition. BTW-the last ship did actually contain a heatpak. The irony was not lost.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom