my pet chicken reviews

Thanks guys! I was posting for the person who wanted to compare with theirs. But yeah, I was on the fence with this one up until two weeks ago. Is it common for this breed to grow in feathers slowly? This is a first time for me with this breed.
My pullet has been slow feathering, but I only have one.

I'm not sure.

I have 2 Lavender Ameraucana. 1 feathered in super slow, no tail or shoulder feathers. He Galileo (pretty sure) now has a man bun of a tail. The other, High tower (from Police Academy movie) feathered in with everyone else but now has nice red comb at 11 or 12 weeks old. They were both always like giant pterodactyl compared to their brooder mates of the same age.

1 of my other signs they (mine) are cockerels is the constant chest bumping between only those 2 out of 13....

Ordered baby chicks first time from My Pet Chicken. One of six chicks did not make it. Paid $39.69 for shipping. Post office advertises they will deliver on time or shipment is free. Shipment arrived late. I contacted the post office and filled out the form to get my shipping charges back. The Post Office requested a copy of the shipping invoice from the shipper. I contacted My Pet Chicken over and over to get a copy of the receipt. They kept telling me that the post office will not refund my money and refused to send me a copy of the shipping receipt. After about four requests for the receipt, My Pet Chicken representative told me the USPS does not allow them to send their customers a copy of the shipping receipt. "We cannot provide the bulk shipping receipt you are requesting per our agreement with USPS." So, the USPS will not let My Pet Chicken send me a copy of the shipping charges I paid to get my shipping charges back? Beware.

Ordered baby chicks first time from My Pet Chicken. One of six chicks did not make it. Paid $39.69 for shipping. Post office advertises they will deliver on time or shipment is free. Shipment arrived late. I contacted the post office and filled out the form to get my shipping charges back. The Post Office requested a copy of the shipping invoice from the shipper. I contacted My Pet Chicken over and over to get a copy of the receipt. They kept telling me that the post office will not refund my money and refused to send me a copy of the shipping receipt. After about four requests for the receipt, My Pet Chicken representative told me the USPS does not allow them to send their customers a copy of the shipping receipt. "We cannot provide the bulk shipping receipt you are requesting per our agreement with USPS." So, the USPS will not let My Pet Chicken send me a copy of the shipping charges I paid to get my shipping charges back? Beware. 

Sounds like my pet chicken is the issue not usps. Not that the usps isnt about worthless at times but i dont believe for a minute that they would stop mpc from sending you the receipt. Did you contact usps back and ask them whats up with that?
And wasnt there a shipping receipt on the box of chicks?
Guess if i was mpc maybe i wouldnt want you to see it either if theyre charging $36 for 6 chicks.
I got two shipments of hatchery chicks this year. One was 25 chicks for $12 shipping and the other was 50 chicks for $14 shipping.

Last edited:
Ordered baby chicks first time from My Pet Chicken. One of six chicks did not make it. Paid $39.69 for shipping. Post office advertises they will deliver on time or shipment is free. Shipment arrived late. I contacted the post office and filled out the form to get my shipping charges back. The Post Office requested a copy of the shipping invoice from the shipper. I contacted My Pet Chicken over and over to get a copy of the receipt. They kept telling me that the post office will not refund my money and refused to send me a copy of the shipping receipt. After about four requests for the receipt, My Pet Chicken representative told me the USPS does not allow them to send their customers a copy of the shipping receipt. "We cannot provide the bulk shipping receipt you are requesting per our agreement with USPS." So, the USPS will not let My Pet Chicken send me a copy of the shipping charges I paid to get my shipping charges back? Beware.
Hi, welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

MPC states on their website that USPS does not guarantee delivery times on live animals. And MPC should refund the cost of your deceased chick and prorated shipping for said chick. At least I am pretty sure that is what their policy says.

Sorry for your loss.... Glad the others made it!

Best wishes!

Got my refund this week for the bantam EE that turned out to be a rooster. We had to wait until he was 10 weeks before we could report it. We're disappointed that we won't be getting that colored bantam egg, but what can you do.

Hi, welcome to BYC! :frow

MPC states on their website that USPS does not guarantee delivery times on live animals. And MPC should refund the cost of your deceased chick and prorated shipping for said chick. At least I am pretty sure that is what their policy says.

Sorry for your loss.... Glad the others made it!

Best wishes!

I didnt think usps did either but poster said they had them fill out a form. Strange they would do that instead of tell them they wouldnt guarantee it.
I always assumed if they didnt makenit in three days that they would be dead and hatchery would replace them. Guess overnight would be different but ive never paid the extra for that.
Story just seems strange to me and sounds fishy on mpc's side from way it was explained.
Ive seen mpc post on here before maybe he will have a comment that straightens it out.

Hello everyone! I'm interested in getting into heritage breeds and showing. I scrolled through mypetchicken and saw they offer heritage chicken hatching eggs. Does anyone know if this true or not? And if so, are they of good quality? I did notice that they priced a lot higher than others.

Hello everyone! I'm interested in getting into heritage breeds and showing. I scrolled through mypetchicken and saw they offer heritage chicken hatching eggs. Does anyone know if this true or not? And if so, are they of good quality? I did notice that they priced a lot higher than others.

While MPC has heritage breeds and they are nice, if you are interested in showing poultry, you would be better off and ahead of the game going to a breeder who shows (and preferably wins) and getting your birds from that person. Hopefully such a person has a wealth of information and would help you, if you explain what you are looking for and want to do.

Back
Top Bottom