My pet turkey is behaving oddly

Azfell

Hatching
Aug 27, 2020
I have a pet turkey named Chacha who is about 13 weeks old and is a bourbon red and wild turkey mix. He is a very affectionate and sweet bird. Recently he started to strut which we expected, but he's been behaving oddly. Earlier he was strutting for a few minutes and letting me praise him. Then he came over to me to get petted but when I started petting him he crouched and scooted closer to me to lay down. Is he okay? He's never done this before.

I attached a picture of him strutting.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200827-232547_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200827-232547_Gallery.jpg
    553.1 KB · Views: 12
I have a pet turkey named Chacha who is about 13 weeks old and is a bourbon red and wild turkey mix. He is a very affectionate and sweet bird. Recently he started to strut which we expected, but he's been behaving oddly. Earlier he was strutting for a few minutes and letting me praise him. Then he came over to me to get petted but when I started petting him he crouched and scooted closer to me to lay down. Is he okay? He's never done this before.

I attached a picture of him strutting.
Yes, she is okay. She is just assuming the breeding position and expects you to breed her. As you can see, hens can and do strut.

Back
Top Bottom