My pet Wild Turkey cant walk

silkieluver_07

Songster
11 Years
Jan 31, 2008
Pennsylvania
I've had my baby girl since she was a day old. Her two sisters and two brothers are fine. She was alright around two weeks ago but now she cant walk or stand. Thank goodness she is still eating and drinking though. Anyways, on our porch we saw turkey footprints that were bloody, so im not sure if that has something to do with it. but we checked her and cant find scabs or blood...so we dont know what to do! any help would be greatly appreciated

How old is your turkey? What is she eating on a regular basis? Is the blood in her stools or just appear to be dripping from somewhere?

Jody

shes around 8 months old. no there is no blood in her stool and she isnt bleeding anywhere now. i just checked her this morning and shes walking on her hocks(i think thats what their called) but it hurts her.

There is just too little information to go on here to try to help you. Is she housed with other turkeys or with chickens? Any discoloration to her face? What is she eating? Could her food have mold?

Jody

im sorry for not giving enough info. i will try to be more descriptive. our 5 wild turkeys are free-ranging. right now she is separated in a quaratine pen from all our other poultry and gamebirds. there really is no discoloration to her face...maybe a little pale. We feed all our animals medicated feed and cracked corn. Their food isnt moldy because i would have seen that and none of our other birds are sick. Im pretty sure it has something to do with her legs. Other wise she is eating and drinking fine. I hope this helps

Back
Top Bottom