My pipper is all grown up... just sharing some pics

Wow! is Whisper a beautiful goose!!!

I remember that little twin girl too
big_smile.png
she was the brave one who came right up to me
big_smile.png

I was wondering about the four your Embden girl hatched, too, so thanks for the update there.

Think we'll ever get some sunshine around here? All I pray for lately, in my despair over summer ever arriving, is that it doesn't RAIN anymore. If the sun comes out, it will just be a bonus
smile.png

LOL, Kim, after living in Arizona for 4 years I don't mind a little rain! Little is the key word though. I don't need a downpour but a daily mist is nice for me.

If you remember the mama hatched 5 eggs and I took in the rejected 5th. Then, the mother left with 4 lost one when it got through the fence and that gosling died. Then I took all but one of her babies inside for a week or so to allow them to chunk up so they couldn't fit through the fence. Then I returned the boy to the parents. That went well so the next day I returned the remaining goslings and they took them back instantly, like they had never been gone. It went very smoothly! I'm glad I brought them in for that week. I tried not to handle them too much (except dolphin who needed her legs checked occasionally because of the splits/splayed legs)

These are the goslings in the brooder. My twins gave up their mama ducky for a week and the goslings snuggled with her under the warm light.
June2010028.jpg

Back
Top Bottom