My pollet Chai isn’t doing well

PolishAllTheWay

Songster
Dec 13, 2020
She seems lethargic and is tired and cold, I have been giving her food and water today because I just noticed it. She is my favorite pollet and I don’t want her to die, it has been getting cold out and she wanders far from her mom recently. She seems bony and possibly malnutritioned where as her siblings all seem healthy weight and healthy, could she just not be getting enough nutrients and is there any specific diet I could put her on to help her with her weight and overall health?

Compared to the other chicks she is hanging her head low and walking around slowly, she is drinking and seems to be eating okay. image.jpg image.jpg

Did you do a thorough body exam?
Have you checked her crop in the evenings to see if it's full?
Are you noticing any bullying?
What do you feed them?
Pictures?
I did a full body exam and she seems bony, but no wounds.
Her crop is empty most of the time except some days.
No bullying is happening.
I was feeding them chick food, but they are currently on all-in-one pellets.

Poor floofy bean! Have you tried giving her NutraDrench - when mine are looking poorly or I have to withhold solid food due to crop issues, I’ll give them an eyedropper full of NutraDrench once or twice a day. You could also try feeding her scrambled or hard boiled eggs (in case it is a crop issue - the cooked eggs will be easy to digest and have lots of nutrition). You might also want to bring her inside where she can be warm and you can keep an eye on her.

Poor floofy bean! Have you tried giving her NutraDrench - when mine are looking poorly or I have to withhold solid food due to crop issues, I’ll give them an eyedropper full of NutraDrench once or twice a day. You could also try feeding her scrambled or hard boiled eggs (in case it is a crop issue - the cooked eggs will be easy to digest and have lots of nutrition). You might also want to bring her inside where she can be warm and you can keep an eye on her.
Ya I’m gonna bring her in tonight today was the first time I noticed her sickly behaviors.

Back
Top Bottom