My pollet Chai isn’t doing well

Poor floofy bean! Have you tried giving her NutraDrench - when mine are looking poorly or I have to withhold solid food due to crop issues, I’ll give them an eyedropper full of NutraDrench once or twice a day. You could also try feeding her scrambled or hard boiled eggs (in case it is a crop issue - the cooked eggs will be easy to digest and have lots of nutrition). You might also want to bring her inside where she can be warm and you can keep an eye on her.
I just gave her scrambled eggs from this morning, she is enjoying them very much.

Are there other Polish in her flock? Could she be kept from food and water, or could she have some problems seeing the food because of the poofy feathers? Some tie the head feathers up to help them see, or you can trim the feathers away from eyes. Coccidiosis could also be a problem at her age. That may cause lethargy, standing puffed or hunched up, runny poops with mucus or sometimes blood, and poor appetite. Corid liquid or powder is the treatment.

I’m not an expert on Polish, but it might be a little early to know positively that she is a pullet. The head feathers on males are more pointy, and of course, they develop hackle and saddle feathers, and later a bigger comb.
I’ve raised polish for about 5 years, she is definitely a pollet, it’s obvious at this stage in her life

Are there other Polish in her flock? Could she be kept from food and water, or could she have some problems seeing the food because of the poofy feathers? Some tie the head feathers up to help them see, or you can trim the feathers away from eyes. Coccidiosis could also be a problem at her age. That may cause lethargy, standing puffed or hunched up, runny poops with mucus or sometimes blood, and poor appetite. Corid liquid or powder is the treatment.
She only lives with polish, they are the best! She definitely isn’t being kept from food or water her and her siblings are free range, she always wanders around and I’ve seen her get proper food and water. She is getting her fro trimmed tomorrow because I was worried about that too, but even that her sibling that has her exact same style is normal weight, walk, and talk

I’m not an expert on Polish, but it might be a little early to know positively that she is a pullet. The head feathers on males are more pointy, and of course, they develop hackle and saddle feathers, and later a bigger comb.
This. I have two Polish roosters who look similar to your beautiful baby. Scrambled eggs are always a great idea, also electrolytes in water for a bit of extra support.

Back
Top Bottom