My poor Daisy was murdered :'( Re-candeled egg... FERTILE yeeessssssss

teresa-78

Songster
9 Years
Jun 24, 2010
England
2 days ago my beautiful chicken Daisy was murdered by a dog.. she was the best chicken in the whole wide world a polish x silkie.. I was so proud of her entering her into comps on here and showing her off to all my family and friends at every opportunity, she acted more like a cat than a chicken, wanting a fuss and to be picked up at every opportunity... But now she has gone
hit.gif

61403_april_9th_chicks_010.jpg

61403_april_9th_chicks_011.jpg

61403_polish_chicks_028.jpg

While my partner cleared away the carnage, he found daisy had layed an egg, this must have been during the attack (100% daisy's egg as she is the only chicken who lays a polish looking egg who is not pened in her own coop).. so we have kept the egg and planned on putting in the incubator with some polish eggs we have been collecting.. (we are sure the polish cockeral had her when he escaped from his pen) Fingers crossed it is fertile
fl.gif

The cockeral

61403_new_polish_004.jpg

What colour chick would we expect to get from daisy and the cockeral.. daisy had patches of gold lace in parts..

Many thanks for reading xxx

ETA:- And today a hybrid hen of mine has gone broody, the first one of the year....so I plan on putting the eggs under her when I am sure she is for sure not moving of her nest.. It must be a sign to incubate daisy's egg
smile.png

Last edited:
Thankyou everyone.. I am just hoping her egg is fertile, the kids so want it to hatch
fl.gif
It will never replace daisy, as I know I will never in my life get a chicken like her again.. But at least she can live on in another
fl.gif

I hope your lil egg is fertile and hatches out a little fuzzy butt that will fill the void in your heart :(So sorry for the loss of Rosie.

I hope the dog is caught and contained so this does not happen again ???

Back
Top Bottom