My Poor Ming Mei is starting to feel better! (recovery pics pg 5)

Today she's the same as yesterday. Can't walk, and her behavior's a litle weird. She doesn't want to be picked up or petted like normal. She's having a hard time getting to her food and water because her foot hurts. My vet is going out of town and couldn't see her today, but he gave me a different doctor to call. I called them and am currently waiting for a replay from them.

Seriously give the scab picking some thought... This seems like it's REALLY bad.

In my limited non-vet research oriented expirience, I would think that it's going all through her at this point.

I really, REALLY don't want to worry you, but be prepared.
sad.png

Expect the worst, hope for the best.

I hope she pulls through!!!
fl.gif

we tried picking at them a little the other day, but it's just hard and nothing comes out. The vet said he can see her on monday bright and early, and i'm no farmer or poultry person.... I can't trust myself to cut my poor duckie's foot open. I'll probably hurt her more than i could help. I'm hoping she can make it to monday. I've read that ducks should be on an antibiotic for 5-7 days before they have it cut open. Ming mei has been on them for a day and a half so far. by monday it'll be enough time. I just feel so bad for her. She's not happy.

well ming mei stopped eating today. I've been hiding her antibiotic in a half of a cherry tomato, which she normally goes nuts for. But today she refused to eat it.

I called my vet again, and after trying to find someone who can help, we were still at a dead end. My vet is out of town and no ne else can help. They said to go ahead and bring her in and they will try there best to help her. They said what needs to be done isn't too hard and since i already know what the problem is and how to fix it, it should be okay. So i'm bringing her there now.

UPDATE-

Mingmei went to the vet today and just got home. A different vet who is not really familar with ducks saw her. She cut the wound open and got a puss plug out. She cleaned it up and wrapped it for her. They also gave her a pain medication shot to help her out. We're supposed to continue her epsom salt baths 3 times a day, and wrap her up. She'sgoing to stay in her "duckie suite" and continue taking her antibiotics for the rest of the week. We have to bring her in on monday so her normal doctor can see her. Hopefully we can trick her into eating later. She's getting a whole slew of vegatables/fruits/and some protein tonight in the form of her favorite foods. Hopefully if she's got yummier food she'll eat it. (I can imagine that feed is not the tastiest.) please keep sending your good vibes! She's seemed to perk up a bit since she got the pain shot.

Back
Top Bottom