My pullet is changing colors

NoseyChickens

Feathers On The Ground
10 Years
Aug 3, 2009
Southern California
I'm not sure if this is where I shoud put this question. I have a pullet that is either an Araucana or an EE, between 6-8 wks I would guess and she is changing colors. She was all black grey and white and now her feathers are turning brown. Is that normal?

welcome-byc.gif
Could you post a picture of her?

She is the black and white one in the back. The tips of her feathers in the back half of her body are turning a brownish color. The one in the front is still the same color.

38307_100_1597.jpg

38307_100_1594.jpg

I think that's fairly normal. Most of my chicks have been slowly changing as they mature. Hey, I'm wondering, what kind of silkies do you have (that are in the background there)? I have one that looks like one of those. It was totally black at first, then it's upper neck region started turning tan, and now (at about 12 weeks), it also has dark brown in its crest (the rest of its body is black).

Thats very normal for EE's. I picked out a white one a dark brown one and a chipmunk one. Woh!! Have they changed. The white stayed white but the other two are amazing. They both have a golden brown head. One has barring from wing to wing the other has streaks from head to tail. Amazing tranformations. You never know what they will look like. Gloria Jean

I am honestly not sure what kind of silkies they are. My daughter just loved them and they are WAY cute. One of my smaller ones was all black too and is turning a bit brown like the other ones.

I have one that looked just like yours and she has slowly gone from all white in front to a light rust color which is now showing up on her wings too. Her grey feathers on her back and neck are staying the same though. Guess you never know what color these ee's will end up.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom