My pullet just crowed :(

LovinMyPeeps

Sees Wine Dots
10 Years
Mar 22, 2009
Heuvelton, NY
I bought an ameraucana pullet at the Waddington NY Swap and it just crowed... I could cry
sad.png

Hey don't lose hope! My pullet crowed AND even tried to mate her buddy pullet (seen it with my own eyes!) but is still a hen
wink.png
in fact I had THREE pullets crow on the same day, can you take pictures? I'm sure someone could help you confirm this. I would not be in a hurry to get rid of her/him just yet till your sure. What kind of chicken?

ETA...nevermind about the kind...I just seen it was an ameraucana. Just blind
wink.png
If you take pics we could help you out though. How old?

Last edited:
Yah I need to see if I can rehome.. erm... him... what a bummer. and yes I can take a picture a little later on my wayto an appointment. I'll do it as soon as I get back, my understanding that my little hemaphrodite is 22 weeks. I've had the pullet since Sunday and it's the first time I've heard him/her do that...

Last edited:
Quote:
So... Have yours laid any eggs yet?
wink.png
lol.png

OP: post some pics of your bird. I'm sure if it crowed it's a roo though. Typically pullets won't crow. I've had a hen that crowed, but she's about 2.5 now, and when I got her, she was used to roosters being around, and I didn't have any at the time. She has since stopped crowing (if you could call it that
tongue.png
).

Same thing happened to us with our dear RIR pullet (we thought) named Reba. We brought home another RIR hen and Reba mounted her within an hour and started crowing the next week. He was our favorite "girl". But we kept him and just call him Reba the rooster now.
he.gif

So here it is... my crowing pullet... she looks like a she to me, but shows how much I know... my understanding this little one (big little one) has brahma bloodlines which accounts for the yellow feet. "She" is 22-24 weeks and the goofball who had her fed her part grower... which I don't agree with, that might account for her size... Think he must have fed her testosterone too!

25649_the_new_girls_003.jpg

25649_the_new_girls_002.jpg

25649_the_new_girls_001.jpg

Back
Top Bottom