My Pup Killed a Chicken, and I was in my night gown!!!

RickiHupp

Songster
11 Years
Sep 24, 2008
Newark, Ohio
Sooo this morning I am getting the kids ready to go to school. I had a flannel nightgown on and I wanted to go and check on Ellie (pig) to see if she had her babies so I slip on my muck boots and head outside.

As I am walking out the back door I hear my puppy (boxer) chomping on something...I walk around the corner and see him chewing on a chicken!!! I scream at the top of my lungs...he takes off running and I grab the dead chicken by its legs (it has no head at this point) and take of in a dead sprint after that dog!!! Mind you, I am in muck boots and a knee high flannel nightgown....the whole time I am screaming at him.
barnie.gif
barnie.gif

That dog is now in the kennel outside, thats where he will stay for a while. He has killed about 5 chickens so far!! I have just about had it with this darn dog.
th.gif

On a lighter note, I bet I looked really good flying around my yard this morning....
GOOD MORNING EVERYONE!!! I am going back to bed
smack.gif

Quote:
Either the dog is not being restrained from the chickens.

Or the chickens are not kept in a safe and secure pen.

FIVE chickens? He's not going to stop. Do something to prevent dog + chicken interaction!!!

Darn! I was reading your other post about the mama pig and was hoping to see some cute piggy pics by now! Maybe you need to put that flannel night gown and muck boots back on and get her walking around the yard to speed up her labor!!

Last edited:
Should have tied the dead chicken to the pup and let it rot for a while, in the kennel. I have heard that it works with some dogs. I also have heard that once a dog gets a taste for chicken, it's almost impossible to break them of killing them. So sorry. Hope you get piglets soon!

Quote:
Either the dog is not being restrained from the chickens.

Or the chickens are not kept in a safe and secure pen.

FIVE chickens? He's not going to stop. Do something to prevent dog + chicken interaction!!!

I know
hit.gif

I am actually thinking about selling him...
hu.gif

Quote:
LOL She is getting so moody right now that if I tried to get her up and around she would prob try to eat my leg off hahahaha

Back
Top Bottom