My Pup Killed a Chicken, and I was in my night gown!!!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by RickiHupp, Oct 22, 2009.

1. RickiHupp

RickiHupp Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2008
    Newark, Ohio
    Sooo this morning I am getting the kids ready to go to school. I had a flannel nightgown on and I wanted to go and check on Ellie (pig) to see if she had her babies so I slip on my muck boots and head outside.

As I am walking out the back door I hear my puppy (boxer) chomping on something...I walk around the corner and see him chewing on a chicken!!! I scream at the top of my lungs...he takes off running and I grab the dead chicken by its legs (it has no head at this point) and take of in a dead sprint after that dog!!! Mind you, I am in muck boots and a knee high flannel nightgown....the whole time I am screaming at him. [​IMG] [​IMG]

That dog is now in the kennel outside, thats where he will stay for a while. He has killed about 5 chickens so far!! I have just about had it with this darn dog. [​IMG]

On a lighter note, I bet I looked really good flying around my yard this morning....
    GOOD MORNING EVERYONE!!! I am going back to bed [​IMG]

2. NGT ANGL

NGT ANGL Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2009
    Locust Grove, VA
    Gosh - sounds like you have a problem with your puppy if he has killed that many chickens. Good luck with that. Do you have baby piggies yet?

3. RickiHupp

Sep 24, 2008
    Newark, Ohio
    No baby piglets yet [​IMG]

4. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    Quote:Either the dog is not being restrained from the chickens.

Or the chickens are not kept in a safe and secure pen.

FIVE chickens? He's not going to stop. Do something to prevent dog + chicken interaction!!!

5. NGT ANGL

NGT ANGL Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2009
    Locust Grove, VA
    Darn! I was reading your other post about the mama pig and was hoping to see some cute piggy pics by now! Maybe you need to put that flannel night gown and muck boots back on and get her walking around the yard to speed up her labor!!

Last edited: Oct 22, 2009
  6. KMHunter

KMHunter [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Cr

Jun 12, 2009
    Woodinville,WA
    My Coop
    Should have tied the dead chicken to the pup and let it rot for a while, in the kennel. I have heard that it works with some dogs. I also have heard that once a dog gets a taste for chicken, it's almost impossible to break them of killing them. So sorry. Hope you get piglets soon!

7. RickiHupp

Sep 24, 2008
    Newark, Ohio
    Quote:Either the dog is not being restrained from the chickens.

Or the chickens are not kept in a safe and secure pen.

FIVE chickens? He's not going to stop. Do something to prevent dog + chicken interaction!!!

I know [​IMG]

I am actually thinking about selling him... [​IMG]

8. RickiHupp

Sep 24, 2008
    Newark, Ohio
    Quote:LOL She is getting so moody right now that if I tried to get her up and around she would prob try to eat my leg off hahahaha

9. babyriver

babyriver Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2009
    N E Florida
    Tie chicken around his neck and leave for awhile it does work.

10. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    Just keep them SEPARATE in secure circumstances!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by