My rooster suddenly died

Vveno

Hatching
Sep 19, 2023
Hey everyone,

Yesterday i notice my rooster was quiet and didn’t really come attack me when I got in the chicken pen. Today in the am I found him dead. That’s where I found him and there is a picture of him dead - I thought maybe the position would mean something. What happened? He was a very stressed rooster always trying to attack me and some girls. My girls are all good apparently.

Ps. Yesterday was first day one of my chickens lay an egg

Attachments

• D2F226F3-EE58-4DCA-AFD4-A6E6EBC7ADE5.jpeg
    D2F226F3-EE58-4DCA-AFD4-A6E6EBC7ADE5.jpeg
    507.3 KB · Views: 88
  • D977A739-3136-41DB-B085-D1AEE3EFB505.jpeg
    D977A739-3136-41DB-B085-D1AEE3EFB505.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 26
Sorry for your loss. I would have put him down since I don’t tolerate a mean rooster. We have had many mild mannered ones who did not attack us or harm other chickens. The ones that did, died that day. If you want to find out what he died from, your state vet can perform a necropsy if you keep his body cold, but not frozen. This list has most state vet labs to contact on Monday am:
https://www.metzerfarms.com/poultry-labs.html

Make soup or dispose of the body how you feel comfortable.
What was their diet?
I will definitely not be eating him 😬🤣 I am too worried about what killed him to eat him.

They ate lots of table scraps, crumble and pellets from the family farm store, and eggs from the coop. Today he ate sweet potatoes, blueberries, and lettuce. Yesterday, he ate a couple cherry tomatoes from my garden.

I will definitely not be eating him 😬🤣 I am too worried about what killed him to eat him.

They ate lots of table scraps, crumble and pellets from the family farm store, and eggs from the coop. Today he ate sweet potatoes, blueberries, and lettuce. Yesterday, he ate a couple cherry tomatoes from my garden.
He likely died from excessive treats, like a heart attack or organ failure. I'm sorry.
There's very few things that can kill a chicken that would harm you unless you have poisons somewhere

Back
Top Bottom