My Puppy Chicken - Update, new photos on #11

I had to put my 15 1/2 Pom/Chiu mix Vicky to sleep a week after we moved to Texas, she was the only dog that was table fed.

The two I have now are only dog food fed. When Sophie goes out to the run with the chickens, she tries to eat the chicken feed or the bread pieces my girls feed to the chickens. I hope she keeps her same disposition.

My hubby nick named her Squeaker Toy, because when she wants in, she sounds like a little squeaker toy. The only time she barks/squeaks is when she wants in or is playing with our other dog.

Her bark does not even faze the chickens.

My youngest, Sophie & I went out this afternoon to feed the chickens tomatoes.

Here is what happened during out time out there.

92455_aug_31_chickens_sophie_374.jpg

Beth played with feathers

92455_aug_31_chickens_sophie_363.jpg

Sophie got cleaned by Butterscotch

92455_aug_31_chickens_sophie_376.jpg

Everyone just kind of dozy

92455_aug_31_chickens_sophie_390.jpg

The girls watching Beth dust the ground with their old feathers

92455_aug_31_chickens_sophie_398.jpg

Goldie & Sophie

92455_aug_31_chickens_sophie_349.jpg

But Mom, I'm not ready to go inside yet!

Last edited:
What a sweetie! If she's like my Shih Tsu/Pom mix, she'll get to around 20 pounds when she's grown - just enough bigger than the chickens not to be intimidated, but small enough that they'll be comfortable around her.

Your daughter is beautiful! And it looks like she might want to stay with the chickens, too.
smile.png

I've got one of these. She comes out to feed the chickens with me, eats with them, lays with them and will even go sleep in the coop sometimes, lol. She still enjoys hopping after a couple of the flighty hens though
roll.png

(layin in the feed dish)
GEDC1119.JPG

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom