My Puppy Chicken - Update, new photos on #11

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Mommy 2 Wee Ones, Aug 30, 2011.

1. Mommy 2 Wee Ones

Mommy 2 Wee Ones Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2011
    North Texas
    Our new puppy, Sophie thinks she is a chicken. Every time we go out to see or feed the chickens, she is the first at the coop door to be let in. The first couple times we introduced her to the chickens, they ran from her or she puppy bounced after them. Now all she does is look for any left over treats, find tree roots to pull, plays in the water or digs in the dirt.
    Yesterday, after digging, she had some dirt on her back, our roo Owl came over & picked the dirt off of her, as did one of the BO.
    Heaven help me when it is time to go in, I have to chase her all over the run, because she wants to stay with the chickens.

[​IMG]
    Yes she does look like she is sitting on the container.

[​IMG]
    This is her usual spot or near the water.

[​IMG]
    Our Roo Owl

[​IMG]
    Fiesta giving me the look.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2011
  2. cpwhip

cpwhip Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 22, 2011
    Maryland
    awe really sweet you have an adorable puppy!

3. awwwwww that is so CUTE!!!!!!

Look on the bright side, when the pup grows up, it will protect your flock like a huge roo!!!!!

4. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    That is really cute! You'll have a chicken protector when she grows up.....

5. brahmakid11

brahmakid11 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 23, 2011
    sitting on the toilet
    that puppy is adorable and so darn funny i am like dude the dog thinks it is a chicken!!! lol [​IMG]

6. thechickenchick

thechickenchick Born city, Living country

Mar 8, 2008
    Eaton, Colorado
    Great pics! We have a Shopie too, but she is a cat [​IMG]

7. Mommy 2 Wee Ones

Mommy 2 Wee Ones Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2011
    North Texas
    Waiting to see how big Sophie will get, she is Chiu/Jack Russell. She is 3 months already & has doubled her size, hope she stays about Chicken size.[​IMG]

Did not have the camera with me, but Sophie came to the back door, muddy & wet, had hosed the Run down & I guess she rolled in it.lol
    So into the tub she went, crying the whole time, then 10 minutes later was asleep.

8. Farm_Maven

Farm_Maven Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2011
    Tishomingo
    cute pup!
    I let the chooks free range for a while evening before last. I had been concerned about our cat, since she is a feral cat that adopted us a few yrs ago. Well, most of the chickens will check her out for a min. or so, and then go on their merry way, but the TT's usually eye her up like SHE'S dinner, lol. Well, the other nite, I just "let happen what will happen". They started playing!! I was amazed.

9. Countrypunk92

Countrypunk92 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2009
    Portland, tennessee
    Hmm, my great pyraneese watches them like T.V. they dont acknowledge her. I have a chicky, she is a black giant pullet. She follows me everywhere and wants to be held. She walked onto my sisters lap and fell asleep.[​IMG] i loooove chickens

10. Larkspur88

Larkspur88 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2011
    South Carolina
    Hopefully she doesn't like their taste later on. I have three jack russells and they love to eat chicken...especially pet ones with names

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by