My Puppy Chicken - Update, new photos on #11

Mommy 2 Wee Ones

Songster
8 Years
May 19, 2011
North Texas
Our new puppy, Sophie thinks she is a chicken. Every time we go out to see or feed the chickens, she is the first at the coop door to be let in. The first couple times we introduced her to the chickens, they ran from her or she puppy bounced after them. Now all she does is look for any left over treats, find tree roots to pull, plays in the water or digs in the dirt.
Yesterday, after digging, she had some dirt on her back, our roo Owl came over & picked the dirt off of her, as did one of the BO.
Heaven help me when it is time to go in, I have to chase her all over the run, because she wants to stay with the chickens.

92455_chickens_aug_30_2011_082.jpg

Yes she does look like she is sitting on the container.

92455_chickens_aug_30_2011_070.jpg

This is her usual spot or near the water.

92455_chickens_aug_30_2011_059.jpg

Our Roo Owl

92455_chickens_aug_30_2011_049.jpg

Fiesta giving me the look.

Last edited:
Waiting to see how big Sophie will get, she is Chiu/Jack Russell. She is 3 months already & has doubled her size, hope she stays about Chicken size.
tongue.png

Did not have the camera with me, but Sophie came to the back door, muddy & wet, had hosed the Run down & I guess she rolled in it.lol
So into the tub she went, crying the whole time, then 10 minutes later was asleep.

cute pup!
I let the chooks free range for a while evening before last. I had been concerned about our cat, since she is a feral cat that adopted us a few yrs ago. Well, most of the chickens will check her out for a min. or so, and then go on their merry way, but the TT's usually eye her up like SHE'S dinner, lol. Well, the other nite, I just "let happen what will happen". They started playing!! I was amazed.

Hmm, my great pyraneese watches them like T.V. they dont acknowledge her. I have a chicky, she is a black giant pullet. She follows me everywhere and wants to be held. She walked onto my sisters lap and fell asleep.
smile.png
i loooove chickens

Back
Top Bottom