My Quail Eggs HATCH IS DONE!! *PICS!* PG 6 & 8 & 9!!!!!:)

Are these my grandquailys?
big_smile.png

Good Luck with your hatch. I just had 17 coturnix babies hatch out of 23 eggs the other 6 were clear when I checked them last night. These were shipped eggs too from Sam. I have always had great hatches with quail. When I did buttons I had 11 out of 13 hatch too.

Thanks everyone
smile.png

Yup these are Sam grandquailys and Jenn Grandbuttons
smile.png

yea i'm hoping all go's well. but like i said even if i get one i'll be happy
smile.png

i know when i'm out all day friday you no cuz the holiday... i'ma be thinking about the quail eggs the whole time..lol

only reason my humidity scared me was cuz when my chicken eggs were hatching the membrane was off the shell and had stuck to the chick whole body like a rubber outfit..
hmm.png

****UPDATE****
Thought i'd update before work....

Well i took the Button Quail eggs off the turner about 20mins ago and some of the eggs felt light and some had some weight to them.. i don't know what that means
hmm.png

So the waiting starts.....

Tomorrow morning i take the Coturnix Quail eggs off the turner

i'm trying not to stress.. but it's starting to get to me some..lol

UPDATE!!!

What?? no replys
sad.png

But hey i'm back! it's been crazy!!.. i just got my computer back it stop working so i had to get it fix..

The Coturnix eggs are off the turner.. there on day 15 and have been rocking and wiggling since i took them off the turner yesterday morning...

The Button Quail eggs are on day 16 and early this morning i saw 2 button eggs wiggle... but no pips yet
hmm.png

early this morning around 3am the power went out for 2 hours.. but the eggs seem to be ok.. i hope so

Last edited:
If they are really light then they are dried up. I had the same thing with half my BQ eggs last hatch.

Would you believe I put my BQ eggs in the bator on 6/26 and today I have/had one trying to hatch (zipped part way) and 3 others that pipped? Now I don't know what to do because I didn't up the humidity and I have the egg turner in there. Got it leveled off and turned it off but don't know what to do.

oh
sad.png

well atleast i saw 2 move i hope they hatch
fl.gif

my coturnix eggs are rockin and wiggling like crazy have been since day 14....

you need to give me some of your BQ luck i need it ...lol where did you get your BQ eggs from?

Last edited:
Here's some luck
fl.gif
fl.gif
but not sure if you really want it!! My SIL breeds and sells them. Adults and hatching eggs (sells alot of eggs on ebay). She sent me 48 eggs; 5 cracked in the mail. Danged post office smashed the box so I wasn't sure if anything would happen at all. I put them in the bator around 6pm on 6/26 so sure wasn't expecting anything THIS soon.

The one that was zipping hasn't wiggled for a while so I don't know what's going to happen. Still no further progress with the 3 that pipped hours ago. It's addicting, isn't it?!

I have to leave in an hour or so, trying to delay...but hoping for the best. Hopefully when I get back you'll have some hatch!!!!

Good luck to you!!

Oh - if you want my SIL's email address, just PM me. She has some really nice birds.

Quote:
I just PMed you ..lol
smile.png

Thanks i need all the luck i can get.. hoefully when i wake up from my nap i'll see soemthing but if they don't hatch today i'ma give them up to day 18.. same with my coturnixs as well

Good Luck with your BQ's hope everything go's well and keep up all posted
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom