My Quail Eggs HATCH IS DONE!! *PICS!* PG 6 & 8 & 9!!!!!:)

BirdBoy88

Angel Egg
12 Years
Dec 26, 2007
Maryland
Well.. it wasn't even a wekk ago that i was all in stress about my chickens eggs.. and now i'm back at it with my quail eggs!..lol

Button Quail Eggs are on day 18
jumpy.gif

Coturnix Quail Eggs are on day 17
jumpy.gif

I will be taking the Button eggs off the turner tomorrow morning ( Thursday )
jumpy.gif

And the Coturnix eggs come off the turner Friday morning
jumpy.gif

So i'm back in Action!
Wish Me Luck
fl.gif

And as always there will be LOTS! of pics
smile.png

Last edited:
Thanks
smile.png

To be honest i don't care if only one chick hatches from the button or the coturnix.. i would still be happy even if one hatches
smile.png

it's my first time hatching quails so whatever i get i will be happy with
smile.png

I think you'll be surprised how strong those little quail are... and how many you'll get to hatch. As long as nothing seriously wrong goes on with the incubator, prepare for lots of little ones!
smile.png

Well i plan on keeping a pair of buttons for myself and if i have more hatch they already have good homes to go to
smile.png

and the coturnix quail were planing to raise and breed for meat so it would be really nice if i get atleast one male and a female to hatch out

BirdBoy, you are going to be really surprised! December 2007 I decided to try to hatch some button quail eggs. I had never heard of BQ until then, I had not hatched any kind of eggs in over 20 years and I was using an incubator that I built which seemed to completely malfunction . I was positive I would not be able to hatch anything. :thun

To make a long story short, I did get 9 chicks out of first batch of 24 eggs; I now have a small flock of about 30 birds...a third generation just started laying this week!
ya.gif

In the past 6 months I have hatched BQ, Japanese quail, and bantam very successfully. With each hatch I was thoroughly convinced that there was no way anything could survive my incubator and methods--my wife says I drive her crazy with my pessimistic attitude!!
barnie.gif

I am awaiting the hatching of a setting of serama eggs (due July 6)--again right now I am convinced I have wasted the past 16 days spent nursing these eggs--not really.
thumbsup.gif

I need some of your luck! lol

my bator has been steady with the temp of 99.5 no ups or downs.. only problem i been having is with the humidity but i have an idea on how to fix that.. so...

so far so good
smile.png

What is your RH? I have never been able to get mine out of the low 50% even on the last days of the hatch and have had NO problem with the hatches due to low humidity. It scared me when I kept reading that it needed to be so much higher during the last 3 days--I wonder why?

Last edited:
They don't really... I forgot to mark down a couple of bobwhite eggs that I set, and they hatched in the turner in the incubator. I never stopped turning them, and I never increased the humidity, which stayed around 45-50%. I think that consistency is the key, and I've had WAY better luck hatching quail than chickens. I am the "one-chick-wonder" when it comes to chicken eggs, but I am up to my eyeballs in quail...
lol.png

Just remember to let them dry in the hatcher completely before removing, but don't leave them in longer than 24 hours or so - they dehydrate too easily. I will usually leave them in for a couple of hours, then real quick reach in and pluck them out and put them in the brooder under a strong lamp. If you don't have a lot of eggs, then just leave them in there until the hatch is done. I got lucky with my last coturnix hatch... all 56 hatched within 24 hours.
thumbsup.gif

Oh, and do NOT try to help them out... I swear, every chick I helped because I thought it was stuck wound up being deformed in the legs or died... they need that struggle to get things going. If they don't make it out of the egg, then they were not meant to be with us.
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom