My quail has a qry neck and cannot stand or walk at all! Someone help.

Skippeds

Hatching
Sep 26, 2022
My quail recently got in an accident and hit her head off the floor causing her to get a wry neck. I am so worried. But now she's gone worse. I've been feeding her and helping her drink but now she refuses to eat and drink. She also cannot walk which I found very sad and researched it online which is also a cause of her hitting her head. I know that she needs a heat lamp to help her stand but currently I'm using a heater. (Is that alright?) And im always at school and school activities so my parents are the ones looking after her. they don't really like touching her. I am feeding her sunflower seeds and crushed eggshell and I'm gonna try to see if it work and encourages her to eat something different. Any help please!

My quail recently got in an accident and hit her head off the floor causing her to get a wry neck. I am so worried. But now she's gone worse. I've been feeding her and helping her drink but now she refuses to eat and drink. She also cannot walk which I found very sad and researched it online which is also a cause of her hitting her head. I know that she needs a heat lamp to help her stand but currently I'm using a heater. (Is that alright?) And im always at school and school activities so my parents are the ones looking after her. they don't really like touching her. I am feeding her sunflower seeds and crushed eggshell and I'm gonna try to see if it work and encourages her to eat something different. Any help please!
Stop with the sunflower seeds and get some proper game bird crumble. See if you can get some Nutri-Drench fro some quick energy.

Be aware that your quail may not make it. When an animal stops eating and drinking it's a very bad sign. The fact that it can't walk implies neurological injury or possibly a broken neck, not wry neck.

Back
Top Bottom