My Quail is limping...

Sep 7, 2019
California
My two-year-old Coturnix quail Turtle has been limping recently...

She eats and drinks well, though. Her right foot has a purple-bump, and it hurts her when I press on it. She's recently lost her quail friend, and I think the foot is getting worse.

I will post a picture of it soon.

Is there something I can do to help it?

It might be a cist or the start of bumble-foot depends how big it is a picture would help a lot! Could be something as simple as opening it or treating bumble-foot. If you feel it’s urgent take the bird to your local vet, depends on how much you value the quail and 2 years is pretty old for quail. It might just be her time.

You could try soaking it in epson salt water. That usually helps whether it's an infection or swelling from an injury. Picture would help to determine what is wrong. Bumblefoot would have a black spot on it. Purple sounds more like an injury. Could it be broken? Was the friend she lost sick or have similar symptoms?

Here are the pictures:
20190912_173507.jpg 20190912_173450.jpg
The first one is one I just discovered. I think it grew recently. The second ones (you can't see it very clearly, sorry) have been there for a while. The bumps are only on the right foot.

Last edited:
You could try soaking it in epson salt water. That usually helps whether it's an infection or swelling from an injury. Picture would help to determine what is wrong. Bumblefoot would have a black spot on it. Purple sounds more like an injury. Could it be broken? Was the friend she lost sick or have similar symptoms?
It doesn't look like bumblefoot, and she has had no injuries, but I don't know what it is.

Back
Top Bottom