My Quail still are not laying. What am I doing wrong?

Aug 9, 2022
Last fall (end of October) I hatched 6 northern bobwhite quail in the incubator. Out of those six, 5 have made it to today. 4 females and 1 male. So here we are 7 months later and I still don't have any eggs. They are on a 22% crumble feed with worms and seed mix. They also have oyster shell available to them. They are in an outdoor predator proof 15 x 12 aviary with coop, grass and all the works. They get plenty of sunlight. What do I need to do differently? What am I doing wrong? 😩

Last edited:
Last fall (end of October) I hatched 6 northern bobwhite quail in the incubator. Out of those six, 5 have made it to today. 4 females and 1 male. So here we are 7 months later and I still don't have any eggs. They are on a 22% crumble feed with worms and seed mix. They also have oyster shell available to them. They are in an outdoor predator proof 15 x 12 aviary with coop, grass and all the works. They get plenty of sunlight. What do I need to do differently? What am I doing wrong? 😩

I don't raise quail, but...
I found this thread that might be helpful to you.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/when-do-bob-white-quail-start-breeding-and-laying.183228/

Back
Top Bottom