My Quails just hatched - First timer - Some advice required

makarim

Hatching
8 Years
Jun 20, 2011
Hello Everyone

Some of my quails just hatched hatched today. This is my firest attempt and advice on the below would be much appericated

- I have 39 egss in there and only three have hatched. Most have pipped and they are hatching very far apart. is this normal

- The quails look very weak. They walk a bit and lay down breathing heavly. Is that what they do. How long before they start running and walking without sitting down for long periods

- I will move them to the brooder after 24 hours. Should I provide them food and water before I move them or will they be OK for the first 24 hours in the incubator without food and water

- When they hatched they move the unhatched eggs a lot whilst walking. Will they damage the unhatched eggs

Thanks for all your help

Moahmmed Karim

Quote:
I don't know much about all the other stuff, but the baby quail will be alright left in the incubator without food or water. Just remove them when they're dry and transfer them to the brooder and provide feed and water then. There are plenty of breeders here that can give you more advice
big_smile.png

Quote:
one thing, when you pull the babies out to put in the brooder you'll have to bring the humidity of the incubator back up, best this for this is to put about... 1/4cup HOT water in the wells to bring it back up quick.

Quote:
one thing, when you pull the babies out to put in the brooder you'll have to bring the humidity of the incubator back up, best this for this is to put about... 1/4cup HOT water in the wells to bring it back up quick.

Many thanks for your advice. Now I have some peace of mind knowing this

Thanks once again

Back
Top Bottom