my quails were in the corner on top of each other and those at the bottom all die!its frustrating to see them dead they were 3 weeks old .

GaraP21

Chirping
Feb 28, 2023
I have so many quails that died today they were on the corner on top of each other and all that at the bottom dies ad squish and smash its not cold its really hot here in texas I just dont know the reason...

could it be the rain?its been raining here thunderstorm whole week....I even put lights on they are still going to the corner

It's hot and humid here in SCT too! but if I turn the heat lamps off, they huddle up together, piling up on eachother, so I leave it on....BTW, it's 80°F in the room where my brooders are and they still want heat!
I have various aged chicks in different brooders, all the way from just hatched to 6 week olds, all in the 80°F room. After 4 weeks I have been turning the heat off of them but if I do before that, they will bunch up, even in an 80°F environment.
In
your case, they may have been too hot, and that's as far away from a heat source they could get?

Back
Top Bottom