My Quaker Coop

jballone

Songster
8 Years
Jul 4, 2011
Here are some pics and a short description of my 4'x4' "Quaker Coop" that I constructed this summer. The coop currently houses 3 hens but could easily fit 4-5.

This coop is 4' x 4' with wheel barrow handles and wheels for moving it around the "homestead"!
In this pic you can see the "man door", nest box with locking lid and 14"x21" window.

Here is the back of the coop showing the vent and pop door.

Here is a pic of the interior showing the PVC feeder and roost with poop tray.
The tray is filled with fine sand making cleaning easy.

The nest box lid.

The girls looking for treats!

Love your coop, how did you make your pcv feeders, I would like to make some. Or you could just come and make me a coop.
lau.gif

Thanks for the kind comments.

The feeders were made following instructions somewhere on this site. The vertical tube is 2" pvc attached to a 4" pvc drain cap. It is attached to the cap with a couple self tapping screws. The part of the tube that is in the cap has a notch cut out of it to allow the feed to pour into the cap.

Wait, I just noticed that your coop matches your house and the other structure, garage? That's awesome. The chickens live in a mini version of your house.

Wait, I just noticed that your coop matches your house and the other structure, garage?   That's awesome.  The chickens live in a mini version of your house.

Yes, we color matched the coop to the shakes in the peaks of the house. =)

I see the handles and wheel. How heavy is this thing and is it difficult to move around?

I see the handles and wheel. How heavy is this thing and is it difficult to move around?

I'm guessing it weighs around 300lbs but when lifting with the handles it's feels 50lbs. If I had to push it up a steep hill I'd have trouble. Pushing or pulling around the yard is not problem.

Back
Top Bottom