My "Raptor,Ostrich,Dinosaur Mix,Emu" chick and Mrytle...

ESofVA

Songster
10 Years
May 4, 2012
Keller, VA
I was eventually told by someone on another forum that my little roadrunner is a Modern Game Fowl #16. Anyone dare to guess the sex??? What breed of Modern, I guess there are different breeds of modern game fowl? I hope to keep it but not sure I can if it is a roo! Will it be too aggressive toward a LF roo to keep??? It is a real stitch to watch its antics! (Another reason I have figured it to be a roo!)
Next is Mrytle (#17) ...I am still hoping she stays a she!!!
Please let me hear your ideas!

Myrtle is the first of my chicks that I decided must be kept...I am holding my breath and hoping she stays a she.

I know nothing about games, so I am not even going to try.

Barred one is definitely a pullet :)

By the way, I've been saving the name Myrtle for a special chick too! :love

Last edited:
I think that little Modern is a pullet. I have the bantam version of Modern Games and the boys start getting pretty impressive combs and wattles early.

I so hope the game is a hen! I just came in from the back porch where I can see my new chicken pen (my DH built while I was away) and gazing forlornly at my little flock of chickens, most of which I cannot keep! I am almost positive the Speckled Sussex and the Light Brahma are both roos. Really wanted those two breeds. Makes me want to add to my chick order that is supposed to be shipped the 6th.
Will call the feed supply store and see if they are ordering any more chicks, when they will come, and what they will be. Probably late for here.

TY!!! Just what I wanted...I can tell my 2 grandchildren that had to go back home this am that they can now pick a name for the "raptor". LOL!

Back
Top Bottom