My red goldens

bird heaven

Hatching
Jun 11, 2016
Twin falls
So I have my red Golden's in the incubator and 1 is at 30 days candeled it can't see any thing tried the water test and looked good about 15 percent was out of water floating like they said any suggestions

So I have my red Golden's in the incubator and 1 is at 30 days candeled it can't see any thing tried the water test and looked good about 15 percent was out of water floating like they said any suggestions
welcome-byc.gif
Not familiar with "red goldens" are we talking chicken?

First, the float test, in my opinion, is not an accurate way to gage life. It only tells you if there is life as long as the egg floats AND wiggles independently. This shows there is movement inside the egg and thus life. An egg that floats and does NOT wiggle is not an affirmation of life. Any egg with an adequate air cell will float. However, while probability of a floater with no movement points to a non viable egg it does not mean it's certain, just as a sinker can still be alive. Of course while the probability is it's gone, or going, there have been instances where people have claimed to open a sinker to find a live chick inside.

If you are talking chicken eggs, day 30 is way past the chance of having anything, especially anything healthy live. If not chickens then pardon my 2 cents.

Back
Top Bottom