My "Red Sex Link"... a real mystery...

aubreynoramarie

designated lawn flamingo
9 Years
May 27, 2010
Reno, Nevada
Ya know, i posted her a few days ago because her comb was getting really REALLY ,and was informed of my ignorance straight away. appearantly red sex links are ALL female, silly me! one problem, she came out of a bin of new hampshire reds, and the lady at the feed store assured me that the one i picked was a red sex link without even looking at her
hmm.png

anywho, so im adding one more picture to my collections of "guess whats". it appears Lucy has develloped some rather pink waddles on her chin. She is only three weeks old....once again, my firends...what do you think???
roll.png
oh yeah, shes also almost completely bald on the top of her head...if that says anything

Photo06021838.jpg

and this was her body/ head from a few days ago.
sorry, all pics are with camera phone as thats just what ive got right now... thanks for any and all opinions ( my cameraphone could not capture how pointy her comb really is

Photo05291853.jpg

Photo05291852_2.jpg

Photo05291852.jpg

Photo05291630_2.jpg

with my two easter eggers same age...hopefully the gender scare wont come until later with them...

The 1st pic does look Rooish But the other 2 pic it does look like a sexlink? Hmmmm! The waddles dont have any size to them either
IDK!
idunno.gif

I don't have any idea how to tell the gender when they are that young, but I am right there with you. My favorite 3 week old chick "Tia" is starting to develop a prominent comb and reddish waddles. I purchased them online and they were supposed to be sexed pullets
idunno.gif

She loooks like a NewHampshire Red to me, sexlinks usually have more white blended in their wing feathers....

The wattles do look suspicious at this early in the game, but the comb isn't looking very striking, so I wouldn't give up on her being a girl just yet
fl.gif

Quote:
Now that I think about it It does not have any white mixed in! It just may be a New hamshire Red and then you just might have a roo on your hands! I say if it crows its a Boy Lays an egg it a Girl LOL!

Quote:
Now that I think about it It does not have any white mixed in! It just may be a New hamshire Red and then you just might have a roo on your hands! I say if it crows its a Boy Lays an egg it a Girl LOL!

alot of the other chicks in the tub did have white in them, dangitt. im just worried about waiting that long because i dont want to get too attatched, you know? i live in the city where roosters are not allowed and i think rehoming would be near impossible...which only leaves one other option.....YIKES!

Back
Top Bottom