My rescued Nigi...is discharging

woot.gif

Okay the hooves......I have learned soooo much this week.....The before looking hoof.......
SDC10801.jpg

and a hoof that I finished....I will keep working a little at a time...I am afraid to do too much at a time!!
SDC10806.jpg

The clippers....are actually rose trimming pruners...I read that they are the perfect size for the small goats!!

SDC10805.jpg

Thanks...BoJo
celebrate.gif

Not yet.....I have to get a scale to get exact weight...and then I am getting with Helmstead sometime soon...to buy a some from her and learn the tricks
wink.png
of how to administer!!!
ep.gif

I do love this forum!!

BoJo

BoJo:
I did the same thing you did. I bought goats before I was really ready. So far so good
fl.gif
For me the issues are medication also! All a foreign language to me.
You have a cutie pie goat there. Good luck!

I bought goats before I was really ready.

Are we ever ready for anything???
wink.png

I'm so proud of you - I could bust!!!
thumbsup.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
celebrate.gif
hugs.gif
love.gif
yippiechickie.gif

I even went down and trimmed feet Thursday night trying to send trimming vibes through the vast vastness all the way to where you are...thinking about your success!

She is still with us - which says a lot! Goats that have a will seem to pull through anything...once they give up - they are gone no matter what you do...

Her eyes still look off...maybe she is scared of the camera???
hu.gif
Her ear carriage sure looks perkier - that's progress!

Did you check her udder???​

Last edited:
Okay....so the udder thing......what in tarnation am I feeling for???
idunno.gif

They are saggy and mushy...and a handful....does that help anything??

She has alot of spunk....I got my first hoof to the face today!!!
ya.gif

I do have another small question about the hooves....did you see the back of them....it has a very soft over hang......is that trimmable or is that part of the pad...when I tried to trim that is when I got kicked!!
th.gif

BoJo

did you see the back of them....it has a very soft over hang

Are you talking about the "lip" at the back of the heel? Kind of folding forward like a little pocket? If so, that is trimmable...the whole foot should be flat, level, like you filed it...no little pockets or crevices. It looks like you could trim a bit more all around from your pic - but you did good! It's scary to start trimming deep...just go a little at a time, and stop at pink
smile.png

Spunk is good!!! Is your face okay?

As far as the udder...saggy mushy and a handful is a starting point...do you know how old she is...and if she has ever kidded before (and when?) - if not, these are good questions to add to your list the next time you buy a goat
wink.png

If you are a visual person, and you can get a picture of her udder now, what you will be watching for is a change...I'm guessing if it is loose, she has freshened before (kidded and come into milk)...if it starts to fill...watch out! Babies coming
big_smile.png

Okay...as strangers we've seen pictures of her unmentionables and vicariously groped her udder...we should probably at least know her name...Oh! Found it "Milky Way".

BTW...she is looking better...how about changing her pic to your new one on your BYC page...she just looks awful in the first one
sad.png

Last edited:
Progress not perfection! Best motto ever.

Her feet - you've gotten them to a great starting point. Did you find the diagram on Hoegger's website? If not I have a .doc I can send you. I say it's better to trim a bit at a time than go too far...good job!

Poor thing just looks pitiful. Be sure to get a good side shot now for the before and afters!

Given that she just weaned that kid (we presume it was weaned, ugh)...from your description she's somewhere from a month to two months post-wean. A doe will generally start to build its udder 4-6 weeks before they kid - what you'll be feeling for is thickened tissue inside the udder. It will start to thicken near the belly, then build on itself. IF the poor thing was actually able to conceive in her condition...you have awhile to wait.

Quote:
Ok now this is a crack up!! Are you a coach or something? You are awesome!

caf.gif
This is a very enlightening-- and entertaining
big_smile.png
thread. Great job with a very cute goat, BoJo-- you have a big heart !

Back
Top Bottom