My Resin/plastic coop construction thread :)

@Taylorbrood I wish I had a sink ! I don't even have an outside spigot ! :( Wish I had more room to put up a bigger shed, those bigger ones were on sale too. If you can, put up more roof supports and wall supports. The longer they are they lose strength in the roof and long walls I hear.

@aart It is shower curtains that I got at the $1 store. I figure I can wash/rinse a few times and if I have to replace it, it's cheap :) :) :)

Tonight all hens went into coop on their own. I put on the dim inside light around 5:30 and left them alone. Right before 7pm they were all up on roost that I can see from inside the house. Went out to say night and shut off the light.

So glad as Jose is hitting us a little bit so I am happy they have the shelter and know where to go.
They seem to really like it in there, scratching all day for stuff then outside for a bit then back in.

its a camp sink, i just take a gallon jug out, keep it on the shelf it has a paper towel holder, i can load up the dishes, give um a bath, check them over, etc., best investment I have made

its a camp sink, i just take a gallon jug out, keep it on the shelf it has a paper towel holder, i can load up the dishes, give um a bath, check them over, etc., best investment I have made
So the water source for sink it a gallon jug?
Does it have a drain, if so, where does it drain to?
Pics?

Ok so the shower curtain didn't work on the Poop board. Pecan was scratching on it... and today she LAID AN EGG THERE @!!!!!
:) :) :)
CAM03688.jpg
CAM03689.jpg

It is tiny :) I would have thought it came form a Silkie :lau and it is a pinkish color

Yeah I wasn't sure if it would work. I was thinking that I had not heard of anyone's hens scratching in the Poop tray. Oh well, easy learn of $1 LOL
Why I keep the sand/PDZ mix less than a half inch deep in the poop boards...
...any deeper and they dust bathe in it!
Your girl was likely scratching up a nest.

She was. I noticed the scratching yesterday morning but just thought they were jockeying for the corner spot :)
She went into the nest box every time I was there and scratched around. Thought for sure she would go there.
And to think I told my DD that we didn't need the wooden eggs.... yeah I told her hahhaha

Ok so I blocked part of the poop board so that maybe she won't have enough room to play and lay and egg.
I also got 2 fake eggs and put them, one each, in the 2 nest boxes I have yesterday.
Moved the step box between the 2 nest boxes.

It worked because she gave a nice small egg in a nest box today.

She kicked out the 2 fake eggs so I know she was on both but picked the one on the Left. Was there when she dropped it and she didn't make any noise at all, before/during/after. :) No song for her the last 2 days.

Back
Top Bottom