My Rhode Island Red Layed this...

What breed of chick is your pullet? I've never had a "double-yolk-er", but would be interested in getting one when possible.
Idk. I'm going to install cameras to see who is laying what. I have 1 New Hampshire, 3 RIRs, 1 Sapphire Gem, 2 Black Sexlinks, 3 White Rocks that might be laying that egg. It's a lighter beige color. Similar to the 3 1/2 inch egg pictured above.

WOW! That's crazy - three yolks? WOW!! What are you feeding them? Where do I purchase it? You've set my curiosity aflame. I'd like to buy some quickly. BTW - Thank you for the pics.

When Blu dropped this triple-yolk egg I was feeding my girls Purina Premium Layer crumbles. She regularly lays the largest eggs of the five and many of hers are double yolks. I have switched to Dumor Layer crumbles but the size of their eggs has not changed. I offer oyster shells on the side.

When Blu dropped this triple-yolk egg I was feeding my girls Purina Premium Layer crumbles. She regularly lays the largest eggs of the five and many of hers are double yolks. I have switched to Dumor Layer crumbles but the size of their eggs has not changed. I offer oyster shells on the side.
Thanks a million. I feed Dumor Chick Starter (24%), then Dumor Layer with sides of oyster shells as they get older. No double or triple yolks yet so I'll keep feeding, waiting and setting - who knows what will happen with my little backyard brood...

Back
Top Bottom