My roo hasn't been 'closing the deal'--now I see a red plucked butt!??

cjatthefarm

Chirping
9 Years
Aug 26, 2010
Tucson
I had about decided my little guy had ADHD!! He would start with a hen; she would 'present' and he would quit & get off--almost like he'd forgotten why he was there in the first place!!!

Now I realize his little 'thang' is not right! He has about a 2 in rectangle plucked away, and a thumb tack size scab--and redness!!!
sad.png

I have read about Blu-kote on a search; so I will be going to the store tomorrow. But I'm afraid it is more serious since he is not--closing the deal......sorry, I can't think of a better way to say it right now!

Last edited:
Quote:
hi, replying to 'bump' you up.
I don't know what kind of 'equipment' roosters have (whatta duhhmy!) but - when we raised guinea pigs I had to keep the hair clipped around the little firehose of the long-haired boars.
I'm sure that is absolutely no help at all, but maybe the bump will keep you live for awhile.

Huh. Thanks Cosmopolis Chick! I kept reading 'bout people 'bumping' people when I did a search on red butts--before I posted. Now I get it!! My subject/question, was disappearing.....! So Thanks!

Guess there is enough on here (tho thought mine may involve the roo's 'business' (!) Therefore, different from what I learned prior to posting).

Well. I'll 'doctor' the best I can!

cool.png

Back
Top Bottom