My roo sounds like he is drowning!!

Fussy8

Songster
8 Years
Aug 4, 2011
Utah
I heard my rooster crowing this morning and the crow was gurgled. When he breathes it sounds moist and like there is water in his lungs! His comb and ear lobes are extraordinarily hot! He wont crow anymore no matter if my other rooster or i crow at him. Im really worried because my whole flock has a VERY moist and slimy stool!! Im so worried about him!! Im not new at chicken raising but i cant find out whats wrong!!! PLEASE HELP :'(

Sounds like a respiratory problem that's really bad in him but mild in the rest of the flock. I would treat with antibiotics--people on BYC usually recommend Tylan 50 or 500 (can't remember which is better). Hopefully someone will come along and give you some more comments on this
hugs.gif

Thank you so much! Ill keep lookin at this and mabye someone will tell me aboutthe Tylan! :) :)

Sorry to hear about your Roo. I was told to buy the injectable Tylan and give 1 cc per day for 5 days. It seemed to help my roo that was having difficulty. I bought the Tylan at Tractor Supply.

I heard my rooster crowing this morning and the crow was gurgled. When he breathes it sounds moist and like there is water in his lungs! His comb and ear lobes are extraordinarily hot! He wont crow anymore no matter if my other rooster or i crow at him. Im really worried because my whole flock has a VERY moist and slimy stool!! Im so worried about him!! Im not new at chicken raising but i cant find out whats wrong!!! PLEASE HELP :'(
He had to have gotten it from somewhere. Like a new chicken to your flock? How old is he and has he had contact with chickens outside your flock?

I hope someone can answer this better than me.

He is a year last december 25th and i added babies last march but no other chicken sense then...

Back
Top Bottom