Okay so, the update is we bought another coop. I have been watching their behavior and it looks like Patty ( the red roo) is bullying the Sammy. Patty did kicked him out of the house. So now Patty and Frizzle share the main house and Sammy the new. It looks like they get along for the most part but Patty chases Sammy into his house once in a while and I hear them fighting. I am gonna have to section on the pen. But they don’t fight all the time just a moment here and there like kids. So, separating the cage may be my best bet for both.

What do you all think?

Okay so, the update is we bought another coop. I have been watching their behavior and it looks like Patty ( the red roo) is bullying the Sammy. Patty did kicked him out of the house. So now Patty and Frizzle share the main house and Sammy the new. It looks like they get along for the most part but Patty chases Sammy into his house once in a while and I hear them fighting. I am gonna have to section on the pen. But they don’t fight all the time just a moment here and there like kids. So, separating the cage may be my best bet for both.

What do you all think?
I can tell you that you will likely have behaviour issues with them for at least 6 months, maybe up to a year. At least that was my experience with my rooster colony. My boys went from being cute chicks to suddenly being a bunch of jerks to each other. I am not sure exactly how long it lasted by I think close to a year. They almost never had real fights. Just mostly very jerk like behavior. Sneak attacks, unexpected pecks. It reminded my very much of teenager bully behaviour when a boy is walking in school and out of nowhere someone will smack him in the back of the head.
It was so bad that most of them looked horrible due to missing feathers.
I think that they have gotten past that state of behavior, and live much more peacefully and with the feathers grown back look like normal roosters.

I can tell you that you will likely have behaviour issues with them for at least 6 months, maybe up to a year. At least that was my experience with my rooster colony. My boys went from being cute chicks to suddenly being a bunch of jerks to each other. I am not sure exactly how long it lasted by I think close to a year. They almost never had real fights. Just mostly very jerk like behavior. Sneak attacks, unexpected pecks. It reminded my very much of teenager bully behaviour when a boy is walking in school and out of nowhere someone will smack him in the back of the head.
It was so bad that most of them looked horrible due to missing feathers.
I think that they have gotten past that state of behavior, and live much more peacefully and with the feathers grown back look like normal roosters.
Thank you for your reply. The boys are now separated. My Frizzle got bopped in back of the head from Patty and he was bleed really bad from the base of his comb. Now Sammy and Frizzle are bunk buddies and Patty is alone; separated by chicken wire so that Patty cannot hurt any one of them. Its working well....

Back
Top Bottom