I have uploaded some photos. You’re right though my son closed up the back vent (24”x4”) and I believe that’s when he stopped sleeping in there. I just opened it up.
Let’s see if he goes back in. The weather has been chilly, I didn’t think that was an issue. I see that it was. I am going to put a vent on top as I had requested in the beginning and see if that works out or a vent hole in the front to allow more air through. But the doors are gapped and the vent is on the back.

Attachments

• 9D04674D-EFA5-4EFE-AD8E-B02A1F3557C6.jpeg
    9D04674D-EFA5-4EFE-AD8E-B02A1F3557C6.jpeg
    708.3 KB · Views: 3
  • 8993D541-0D54-4750-86A1-C989C8BB7E75.jpeg
    8993D541-0D54-4750-86A1-C989C8BB7E75.jpeg
    459 KB · Views: 3
Whereabouts are you located (in general) and what is the weather like? In warmish weather, a box like that can become like an oven. It's also possible that, at this age, one of the other cockerels has decided to become more dominant and is bullying this one, causing him to vacate the coop. Hormones can cause relationships to change.

I fear that may be happening as well, I live in the Rockies. The rains bring colder weather and the temp is falling and fluctuates everyday. Nights are cold, their door stays open all day and they have a vent in the back of their house. I believe that I need to keep an eye on both- relationship and air flow. I spoke with my husband about making a better air system and making sure it’s suitable for the winter.. as for relationship… ugh. I hope they figure it out. PEACEFULLY.

It's too closed up...the probably can't breathe in it.
You need to cut some holes in it for ventilation.

Hold...I'll be right back with a link.
Thank you. I used it to show my husband. I uploaded the images of the vent in the back. It’s like 2’x 4-6” high. We are going to work on the hen house and bachelor pad this weekend. I’m going to add a vent tomorrow. Thank you for your feedback. I appreciate it.

Back
Top Bottom