Lidy

In the Brooder
Jun 8, 2023
I have three roosters; Sammy (leghorn), Patty (welsummer ), Frizzle (frizzle/silkie). They all grew up together and all live together in one house. They are about 6 mos old. They get along very well for the most part. I hear them get on each other like hens do. Nothing alarming.

For the last 2-3 days Sammy is not sleeping in his house. The weather is starting to turn and soon the cold will be getting colder and a freeze is about to come. I need him to start sleeping in his house with the others. Does anyone have any clue as to why he may not be wanting to sleep in his house with the others? Should I make him a separate home? He was the dominate one, but I believe Patty is wanting the position. I fear he will be eaten by a bear or other, if not- the weather.

Any suggestions or ideas as to why he’s choosing to sleep outside? He and Patty grew up as babies together. They have always been good.

I have three roosters; Sammy (leghorn), Patty (welsummer ), Frizzle (frizzle/silkie). They all grew up together and all live together in one house. They are about 6 mos old. They get along very well for the most part. I hear them get on each other like hens do. Nothing alarming.

For the last 2-3 days Sammy is not sleeping in his house. The weather is starting to turn and soon the cold will be getting colder and a freeze is about to come. I need him to start sleeping in his house with the others. Does anyone have any clue as to why he may not be wanting to sleep in his house with the others? Should I make him a separate home? He was the dominate one, but I believe Patty is wanting the position. I fear he will be eaten by a bear or other, if not- the weather.

Any suggestions or ideas as to why he’s choosing to sleep outside? He and Patty grew up as babies together. They have always been good.
He might be hiding from them. Maybe they kicked him out because they didn't like him. I hope that he isn't kicked out, because you would have to make him another house. Maybe make one with a run and keep him in there.

How big is their coop? Can you post pictures of it?

So I have photos. Didn’t get any of the inside.

Attachments

• 4FBDF365-BFA3-4B9E-AE65-D91CAC8CA258.jpeg
    4FBDF365-BFA3-4B9E-AE65-D91CAC8CA258.jpeg
    870.6 KB · Views: 22
  • 46D742F8-2766-413E-9CA5-F166EF39F7E6.jpeg
    46D742F8-2766-413E-9CA5-F166EF39F7E6.jpeg
    490.6 KB · Views: 22
  • F458DD7C-3DCF-4891-B24C-8885EB1E37F6.jpeg
    F458DD7C-3DCF-4891-B24C-8885EB1E37F6.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 23

Back
Top Bottom