MY ROO

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by roosterjerry, Apr 11, 2009.

1. roosterjerry

roosterjerry Out Of The Brooder

Feb 24, 2009
    Rineyville,KY
    I am new to the chicken thing but I have to tell ya my rooster is the BOMB. He is sweet and comes over to me whenever I'm around. He will sit on my arm and shoulder when I am in the coop. When I let him out he stays close and lets almost anyone pick him up. This picture does not really show how fluffy and colorful he is. His tail feathers are bright shiny teal blue. Here he is is Buddy (cause he is my buddy).

[​IMG]

2. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    What a sweet heart.

What breed is he? Almost looks pea combed with a beard but doesn't have green legs.

Diluted EE?

3. Chicky Tocks

Chicky Tocks [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2666.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Ru

Oct 20, 2008
    Benton, Arkansas
    My neighbor was so excited to hear that I was going to get a roo. He loves hearing it crow in the mornings. He was disappoined that I had to rehome my last roo cause he was too hard on my hens. I hope with all my heart that I'm lucky and I get a nice one like this. Is he a ladies man? Is he gentle with his girls?

4. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

A good roo is a wonderful thing. My big BR rooster, Dutch, will come and stand at my feet, asking to be picked up. I like not having to watch my back when I'm doing coop chores, but I know he'd defend the girls with his life.

5. patyrdz

patyrdz The Madd Hatcher

Feb 26, 2009
    Southern Pines, NC
    He is a very nice looking Rooster! I have a peahen that follows me everywhere and lets me rub her head! Makes you feel special huh?! [​IMG]

6. skeeter9

skeeter9 Chillin' With My Peeps

He's a nice looking boy. I just love my roosters - they are sweet and beautiful and their crowing is music to my ears.

7. Judy

Judy Moderator Staff Member

Feb 5, 2009
    South Georgia
    Good roosters ROCK!

8. chickens asome

chickens asome Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2009
    kenora ontairo canada
    i need a roo like that he is nice

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by