My rooster actually did his job!

eenie114

Completly Hopeless
14 Years
Dec 6, 2009
Southwestern Washington State
Yesterday, my sister went outside to look for the cows (who have a tendancy to escape, so we have to check on them regularly) and she had been gone quite a while, so my mom sent me to find her. As I went out the door, I heard a chicken freaking out. When I turned around, I saw a little yellow chick standing there. My first thought was: "how did you get out??" and then I noticed that it didnt have real feathers like my others. So I looked under the steps, and there was Henny Penny proud as can be, with 4 babies!!
th.gif
Mommy hen is a buff orpington, but I don't really know what kind daddy bird is.
hmm.png
he has some frizzle in him though. So now I have some half bantam half standard chicks, and (the best part) ALL of them are cochins!!
ya.gif
I can't wait to see how big they get... But there are 2 yellow ones, and 2 grey ones.
ya.gif
they are soooo cute!! I just can't belive it!! (This is a first hatchicng for me)

A.T. Hagan :

Meanwhile, sis having fallen down the well, is wondering when someone is going to come look for her after having been gone so long...

{laughing}

yuckyuck.gif
My thought, too, but my vision was sis trying to get that darn cow back into the lot!
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom