My rooster crows all day.

Alydup

Songster
Aug 20, 2018
My rooster crows off and on all day long. His favourite time is around noonish everyday. Whenever he hears or sees me he crows and also just sporadically. I thought roosters mainly crowed in the morning. What’s up with this crazy noisy rooster?

Roosters can crow anytime of the day and sometimes they crow at night. And they usually crow so that he can let other roosters know that is his territory and his hens. My rooster crows whenever he sees me or anyone else, it's because he's letting you know you're in his territory, he also attacks my little brothers which I think is funny because he gets all fluffy and chasing them around the backyard XD
And it might not be because he's just telling you that you're in their territory it can be just that they just want to crow whenever they want to :p XD

Ok I figured he wasn’t unique but I AM shocked by how much noise he makes ( I am new to having chickens and didn’t plan for a rooster ). He apparently just loves to crow. I don’t personally mind and my neighbors said they either didn’t hear or don’t mind when he first started crowing but now that he is crowing sooo much maybe I should double check. I am insulating my coop this week so that will help with the noise at least in the winter. He is great otherwise as far as roosters go from what I’ve read.

Last edited:
We had 2 leghorns that crowed all day, and frequently. We culled them (then cooked them). Very happy to not hear them all the time.

Our two remaining roosters: one rows throughout the day, but not frequently, so it’s tolerable. Other one crows even less (ofcourse he is not the head boy either).

Curious as to why you are insulating your coop? Might be a wonderful home for mice and rats if it is not done with keeping them out in mind.

Curious as to why you are insulating your coop? Might be a wonderful home for mice and rats if it is not done with keeping them out in mind.[/QUOTE]

My coop is an area inside an outbuilding in my yard but the walls are quite drafty. We are adding an inner wall over the insulation so rodents shouldn’t be an issue I don’t think. Our winters get down to -40 Celsius here so I think it would certainly be preferred by my gals and my noisy guy.

Mine crows when he sees something at night--he has been right on several occasions. Once I get out there at night he stops. He crows when I come home from work or when I walk away from him. He sounds like he is screaming at me, but I've noticed there is a reason behind his crows.

Back
Top Bottom