1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

My rooster has finally crowed!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by nccountrygirl, Nov 28, 2007.

1. nccountrygirl

nccountrygirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2007
    Sanford N.C.
    For a long time I thought Moe was gender challenged, [​IMG] Well this morning when I went to feed them I saw him do the rooster dance to one of the girls, when DH came down Moe crowed for him not once but three times in a row. Good boy! DH said that I should not get to happy as now the neighbors might not like it to much. My chickens make a lot less noise that their son. I had to share this.

2. hsm5grls

hsm5grls Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 3, 2007
    tucson
    [​IMG] [​IMG] I can;t wait for my little roo to crow. I don't care if the neighbors like it. I love to hear a rooster crow. Mine does the whole work up until the actuall crow but when he opens his mouth nothing comes out. We laugh at him. He is in rooster puburty he'll get there.

3. nccountrygirl

nccountrygirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2007
    Sanford N.C.
    Moe would for the longest time sound like someone was trying to choke him, yours will soon get it. Good luck

4. texaschickmama

texaschickmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2007
    Poolville, TX
    I just love to hear mine crow. Gumbo started like a month ago and I love to hear him every morning.

5. Kristina

Kristina Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2007
    South Louisiana
    I understand about the neighbors LOL. I have special little rooster houses for my guys so that me and the neighbors will stay friends. I just went let them out their houses for the day. It works well...they still crow in the morning but it is so low that the neighbors can't hear it. Now once they're out after 8:30 they can crow till their heart's content!

6. ksacres

ksacres At Your Service

Nov 16, 2007
    San Antonio TX
    I have a little mutt roo that started the choking crow at four weeks old! No mistaking the gender there.

7. jenichick

jenichick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2007
    NC
    Congrats on your little man's crow!! How old is he?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by