My rooster is a butt.

PrincessKiara

Songster
Mar 2, 2020
Caribbean
IMG_20200315_125426.jpg

This is Nugget. I raised Nugget from the time he was a small chick. Nugget is an @$$.

He lives with three Silkie hens, Kaylie, Mackenzie, and Elvis. The other three have bullied Elvis so much that the poor birb is suicidal.
USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_MSGR_PHOTO_FOR_UPLOAD_1585882647414.jpeg

This has resulted in Elvis mostly sleeping with me, as it's been weeks and the bullying is only getting worse. This is not ideal. I keep waking up to a chicken hogging my pillow. Unfortunately I don't have the money for a birdie shrink, so I gotta make do. Can't have Nugget trying to drown her in their water. Like I said, he's an @$$.

Nugget's latest trick is to crow 20-30x every morning, for no damn reason. He starts sometimes around 5am and doesn't stop for hours. I do not appreciate that. My boyfriend doesn't, either. My old roo, Taco, used to crow only a few times once he heard we were awake. Not Nugget. He has to regale the world with an a cappella chicken concert every morning. It's not enough that I feed, water and clean him. I must also be up to do the master's bidding and acknowledge his powerful set of lungs at such time when he deems it convenient.

How can I restore harmony? The pot is not an option. I already cried too much when this idiot got sick and looked like he was gonna die. You should have seen me blubbering on the way to my dog's vet with my chicken in a box. He's all better now and glad to let the world know about it.
IMG-20200226-WA0073.jpg

Putting him in the corner doesn't help. He just makes faces at me in the glass.
received_659974531406755.jpeg

I read about homemade no crow collars... But I'm fresh out of Velcro, we're on lockdown and not supposed to go out, and I can't pay $20 to order one. Help me overthrow the tyrant chicken... Um, get the crowing down to a manageable level! Lol

I do have fabric and buttons. Other things too. Just not Velcro. :( Is there an alternative? Should I just play really loud reggae every time he crows? Maybe that will make him shut up lol. It would me for sure!

I let them out to roam every day but they live indoors. I had a huge coop thing built for them with wood shavings on the bottom, nesting boxes, etc.

I will second the outside coop. Unfortunately until then, you might just have to take up all pointy objects and make sure all cords are put away so no suicide/homicide attempts are made. If corner timeout doesn't work, maybe try taking away his TV time. They hate that.

:gig

I will second the outside coop. Unfortunately until then, you might just have to take up all pointy objects and make sure all cords are put away so no suicide/homicide attempts are made. If corner timeout doesn't work, maybe try taking away his TV time. They hate that.

:gig
Not the TV time! I couldn't be that cruel! XD

My main concern is the crowing lol, I don't mind Elvis' company 😅 but Nugget's crowing is excessive. My old game bred roo never crowed that often lol

Back
Top Bottom