My rooster is always attacking me!!!

Hey guys! I currently have 9 chickens, 7 hens and 2 roosters but the main rooster won’t stop attacking me when I go outside with them. I feed them every morning and give them treats and fresh fruit a couple times a week and I’m outside most of the time! But I’ll be giving them fruit or going to go get our eggs and he just comes as fast as he can to come and get me! Now he’s not consistent though he’ll do it some times but not all the times but it’s so random and today he really scared me to the point where I couldn’t even move for 5 minutes because I was so scared of him and he was just in front of me not letting me take a step. idk what to do about it! Please help!
I’ve seen a couple YouTube videos on how to deal with aggressive roosters and I thought this one was pretty interesting; particularly since the guy has young girls.

Hey guys! I currently have 9 chickens, 7 hens and 2 roosters but the main rooster won’t stop attacking me when I go outside with them. I feed them every morning and give them treats and fresh fruit a couple times a week and I’m outside most of the time! But I’ll be giving them fruit or going to go get our eggs and he just comes as fast as he can to come and get me! Now he’s not consistent though he’ll do it some times but not all the times but it’s so random and today he really scared me to the point where I couldn’t even move for 5 minutes because I was so scared of him and he was just in front of me not letting me take a step. idk what to do about it! Please help!
This one is the “alternative” approach and, actually, pretty cool to watch. The rooster kept attacking his wife, so he turned it into dinner. I love how ethically he treated the a-hole offender.

I really don’t want to get rid of him he was my first chicken and he has everybody in line but I love my chickens and if it means getting rid of him to enjoy the girls then I will I have a blue laced red Wyandotte and he’s my other rooster he’s beautiful and he’s really trying to take over but I’m scared that if I get rid of my main rooster who’s clearly the boss what if my beautiful blue laced doesn’t man up hahaha as crazy as that’s sound or will he naturally just take over

I really don’t want to get rid of him he was my first chicken and he has everybody in line but I love my chickens and if it means getting rid of him to enjoy the girls then I will I have a blue laced red Wyandotte and he’s my other rooster he’s beautiful and he’s really trying to take over but I’m scared that if I get rid of my main rooster who’s clearly the boss what if my beautiful blue laced doesn’t man up hahaha as crazy as that’s sound or will he naturally just take over
He will take over, don't worry.

And often enough getting rid of an overly aggressive rooster is beneficial for the whole flock, not only the attacked human.

But I’ll be giving them fruit or going to go get our eggs and he just comes as fast as he can to come and get me!
In the roosters mind and in reality, your're stealing his prospective offspring.
I don't know why people have so much trouble understanding this.
It's a perfectly normal reaction.
My suggestion is you don't try to keep any roosters.
It seems from what you write you are scared of him even though he is tiny compared to you. Even the most determined rooster will have great difficulty doing you any harm if you are dressed in the appropriate clothing and mindfull of what you are doing.
Try and rehome the pair and don't get any more.

Back
Top Bottom