My rooster is always attacking me!!!

Hey guys! I currently have 9 chickens, 7 hens and 2 roosters but the main rooster won’t stop attacking me when I go outside with them. I feed them every morning and give them treats and fresh fruit a couple times a week and I’m outside most of the time! But I’ll be giving them fruit or going to go get our eggs and he just comes as fast as he can to come and get me! Now he’s not consistent though he’ll do it some times but not all the times but it’s so random and today he really scared me to the point where I couldn’t even move for 5 minutes because I was so scared of him and he was just in front of me not letting me take a step. idk what to do about it! Please help!

My rooster does this too. Luckily he’s a little bantam so he doesn’t do much damage. When I go into the chicken runI take a short broom with me and keep the broom between he and I.

He still jumps in my lap for some reason, mainly to threaten me. In between attacks I get some nice pics of him. I keep the phone between him and my face and keep my glasses on invade he goes for my eyes.

He’s so damn pretty though.
View attachment 2499536
Here's my handsome boy; Mr. Burt.
PXL_20210106_190907878.jpg
PXL_20210106_190937833.jpg

I'm in the boat of not tolerating roosters that are actually aggressive. I have one that tries to fight my knee if I don't immediately give him food when I open the stall (for him to eat, not even share with the girls) but he doesn't fly up and he doesn't use his spurs on me, even at eye level.

Mine also NEVER go after me when I'm getting eggs from the boxes.

Hey guys! I currently have 9 chickens, 7 hens and 2 roosters but the main rooster won’t stop attacking me when I go outside with them. I feed them every morning and give them treats and fresh fruit a couple times a week and I’m outside most of the time! But I’ll be giving them fruit or going to go get our eggs and he just comes as fast as he can to come and get me! Now he’s not consistent though he’ll do it some times but not all the times but it’s so random and today he really scared me to the point where I couldn’t even move for 5 minutes because I was so scared of him and he was just in front of me not letting me take a step. idk what to do about it! Please help!
Carry a long stick (persuader) next time he comes at you change his mind. He will get the idea quickly. You will be able to stop him in his tracks.

Iv'e never in my life been so happy the worst my boys do is make nests for and romance my feet.
Im about as nervous as a rock though, and tend my birds in such a way that works for us all following nobody's guidelines.
The result truly does depend on the individual putting forth the effort as to how much of a threat if any the males perceive you as.:)

there are so many really wonderful roosters there is no need to keep a mean one. For one thing if you hatch any of your own the mean gene is well genetic as i understand it..you dont want to pass that down. i have no experience with roos really but my friend has MANY. she never keeps the mean ones for that reason. ...mean ones should really go....

I have 2 roosters to the more aggressive one I named him and talk to him and I throw down popcorn and deshelled peanuts and he leaves me alone and when I gather eggs I talk to them all
Carry a long stick (persuader) next time he comes at you change his mind. He will get the idea quickly. You will be able to stop him in his tracks.
I forgot to show off my handsome rooster Carol

Attachments

• IMG_20210124_163715736~2.jpg
    IMG_20210124_163715736~2.jpg
    521.5 KB · Views: 1

Back
Top Bottom