My rooster is covered in black rough spots all over face

One day I couldn't find one of my roosters at feeding time and found him hiding in the house, looking very much like yours. I thought at first he was sick/ septic but then I found the other (winner) rooster with similar but much less dramatic injuries all around the face and put two and two together. He'd been beat up and was hiding/ sulking. He didn't eat for a day or two - maybe out of shame or maybe out of pain, but he hid away from the rest of the flock for almost a week, darting out to eat when he felt safe. Eventually he came back out but kept to himself. Poor fellow!

One day I couldn't find one of my roosters at feeding time and found him hiding in the house, looking very much like yours. I thought at first he was sick/ septic but then I found the other (winner) rooster with similar but much less dramatic injuries all around the face and put two and two together. He'd been beat up and was hiding/ sulking. He didn't eat for a day or two - maybe out of shame or maybe out of pain, but he hid away from the rest of the flock for almost a week, darting out to eat when he felt safe. Eventually he came back out but kept to himself. Poor fellow!
See, hes been hiding like that also. But would it cause his whole face to look like this and be so rough and black?

If it's dried blood, then it might just look a lot worse than it is. Poor guy. Are your roosters in a bachelor pad together? Are they together with the hens? How many hens do you have?

I'm just worried it is fowl pox. Does anybody think this could be what this is?
I had a rooster that got fowl pox. It didn't look like that. It was a few black pox spots on his comb. It did not come on over night, rather over the course of a few days. It lasted about 2 weeks and cleared up. I suppose there are worse cases, but it was kind of a rough looking bump, almost wartlike, only black. It was not shiny like that.

Back
Top Bottom